“Two Sides Of The Same Coin”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Stamford / New York City
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Bay of Fundy & Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia, Canada
“Two Sides Of The Same Coin”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I recently had the opportunity to stay at the La Quinta Inn & Suites in Stamford during a couple of trips to NYC. My first experience went quite well as we found our room clean and comfortable and conveniently located in the hotel. Our disappointment came on a return trip where we found the conditions to be unacceptable and disappointing. Our night started off poorly when we approached the front desk only to hear two employees exchanging "colorful" language with each other. The experience went down hill from there. It appears that the staff and management take little pride in their hotel or their work. It's too bad because we have seen this particular hotel when it is clean, shiny, and welcoming and it is a great place to stay. Come on La Quinta get your act together and give us back the same place we enjoyed coming to before you dropped the ball.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Providence Forge, VA
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed here on the way back home from a Connecticut vacation. It's right off 95 and we had stayed at other La Quinta's with our dog with satisfying results. This motel however was old and not at all clean, especially the bathroom. The toilet did not flush correctly and I had to use the wastebasket filled with water to get it to flush. The lock on the door did not work, which made us feel insecure. We thought it was not worth the price and felt icky the whole time we were there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Gwencostello

Travellers are raving about these Stamford hotels

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel itself could have been really great with a little more cleanliness. I think we expected a brand new La Quinta, but when we got there the whole building had different smells throughout it. This was an old hotel, and it had not been kept up well.

On one hand, our shower seemed clean, that was a relief. But on the other hand one toilet paper roll flew off the wall as I pulled the paper, and the other roll ripped to shreds as I pulled it because for some reason the whole roll was wet. I had to pick the roll up off the floor that fell, unwind a bunch of it (I wasn't going to use floor paper!) and then use that roll. The bathroom was small, and no counter space for your toiletries either. Like I said, old hotel.

The bed sheets and carpet seemed clean. There wasn't any dust around the room. But, in the back stairwell we found a pile of chicken wings and a used condom. Disgusting. This must have been one of the many "smells" we encountered.

Obviously, this hotel was probably a second rate, cheap hotel for people who need a lower cost hotel. We clearly missed the reviews before we booked it!

Room Tip: Unless you want to tiptoe around the dirt and hold your nose, I'd pick another hotel!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed one overnight this weekend and never again..First thing gone wrong was the magnetic entry keys did not work at all. I went for replacement no apology, no explanation just replaced to another set, which only had ONE working..My nephew found cigarette butts on the floor of our none smoking room, Our roll-away bed reserved ahead of time never came...the sink in the bathroom was clogged and the A.C sucked! Luckily we didnt stay in the heat of the summer. The diner attached which had good reviews was no better $12 for a dry, over cooked, tasteless burger..The Only good thing about this hotel was the easy access on/off the highway.

• Stayed May 2014
Chesapeake
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I booked this hotel based on its location and price. I also knew that this particular property had mediocre reviews on TripAdvisor, so I had no great expectations up front. However, the property fell far below even what I had expected. The toilet did not flush properly, the door lock did not work properly, the door only shut if you gently slammed it, and the breakfast selection was barely marginal, and the quality was acceptable. The front desk staff were generally friendly, however the remainder of the staff were not particularly friendly, and did not respond to spoken English. Rest assured, from many years of travel experience for both business and personal reasons that this property is not the worst I have ever stayed in. However, its not far from it, and it is far too expensive for the value it provides.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

bangor, United States
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I was kind of disappointed in the appearance of the motel and the quality of the service based on the adds I saw recently about the hotel chain. The area the hotel was in was run down so I guess it fit in well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Stamford
#5 of 14 in Stamford
Amsterdam Hotel
Amsterdam Hotel
#8 of 14 in Stamford

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Stamford / New York City? Share your experiences!