“Only have eaten here once but the food was terrible”
Review of Milagro

Milagro
Ranked #4 of 28 Restaurants in Stonington
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Some people love this place -- but I think maybe for the margaritas? The food was bland and bad…so bad that I never went back. Usually I give a place 3 tries but once was enough for me here!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Milagro is my absolute favorite restaurant! I live nearby and always bring visiting guests here. Yes, it is tiny so there is often a wait, but it is definitely worth it. Charming atmosphere, warm and attentive service, and wonderful food!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Small, bright, cheerful, inexpensive. The waitstaff is friendly and obliging. The food is VERY fine--traditional Mexican cuisine (i.e., not standard-issue Tex-Mex), prepared perfectly and made with the freshest ingredients. Unless you're exceptionally hungry, skip the first course: the tortilla soup is superlatively good, but you'll want to leave plenty of room for the entree. I can't recall ever having had better Mexican food.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We visited Milagro for the first time on a Saturday afternoon for a late lunch and we really enjoyed the food and drinks. I had a strawberry margarita and it was absolutely amazing, it was so smooth and the flavor was so delicious. It was by far the best margarita I've ever had, the alcohol taste was hidden so well but it was still a strong drink! We started with the house made guacamole and chips, the ingredients were really fresh and the chips were still hot! We both had burritos for our meal, one chicken and one beef. Once again you could tell everything was made to order, the meat was really tender, the rice inside was cooked to perfection and the cheese on top has such great flavor. It came with a side of beans which were really filling. I would absolutely go back even if there was only time for drinks and appetizers. It is a very small restaurant but really cute inside and well worth the wait. They do close everyday at three o'clock and then open back up at five o'clock for dinner. We highly recommend you try this authentic Mexican restaurant!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Went with friends, started with House 'Ritas which weren't the best; moved on to "Fresh" and "Smoky" ones after, all fantastic. Appetizers and entrees were great, absolutely no complaints. Not at all like the Mexi chains, this is fresh and individually prepared food. Service was good; we seemed to have a trainee who was not very knowledgeable about the menu or the drinks, but others on the waitstaff chimed in to help us out, and were never forgotten during the evening, so we can't really complain. We even split a couple of desserts afterwards and those were very good too. Very fun evening for all. Atmosphere is casual and fun, a little bit loud and boisterous as the evening went on, but that's as a Mexican restaurant should be....fun! It's a very tiny place so may be hard to get seats in the busy season, and I understand they do not take reservations. Planning to go on a weekday or on an off-hour will up your chances of getting a table, and you will be in for a wonderful dining experience.