“Fantastic bed and breakfast”
Review of Orchard Street Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stonington
Orchard Street Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Stonington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were looking for a place to celebrate our one year anniversary, and I came upon the Orchard Street Inn. I'm glad I did. Dick was a great host, the room was cozy and quiet, delicious breakfast! I recommend staying here. We had a great stay.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank ctmantraveler

Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

Quiet, comfortable in a great location. Lots of charm, and an easy walk or pedal to shops, restaurants and historic sites. Breakfast on the patio was delicious with local blueberries, yogurt and baked goodies. Enjoyed relaxing in the garden, too.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This is our second time at the Orchard Street Inn, a lovely, unpretentious hideaway in a very cool little town, Stonington, CT. The location of the Inn is great - everything in town is walkable; the restaurants, the East Point Park & Beach. Dick, the owner, does a great job at breakfast, excellent food, but not over powering. Lots of choices and since Dick is a sailor, he is a reservoir of knowledge about the surrounding waters, currents, where to put-in, beaches, etc. My wife & I like to kayak and we have a Malibu sit-on top that handled the heavy boat traffic around the great beaches near Watch Hill or down toward Mystic. The location is excellent.
After a fun day out on the water, it is great to come back to a yard to sit, read and relax with an artfully landscaped area with lots of private places for the different rooms.
We ate and drank well at the Dog Watch Cafe, Noah's & Water Street Cafe.
Chuck & Sandra Arning

Room Tip: Some rooms have private decks, we stayed in one of the cottages and thoroughly enjoyed the room. Di...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Hi

My wife and I stayed at the Orchard Street Inn on the weekend of November of 9-11 . We stayed at the Delphinium Cottage. We had some privacy in the back where we enjoyed our morning coffee.
Dick Sattler was a gracious host for the weekend. He cooked breakfast each morning. The breakfast was superb and started our day off on the right foot along with his easy going personality. The town of Stonington is a short walk along with shops, sights and restaurants
We recommend the DogWatch Restaurant.
I highly recommend staying at the Orchard Street Inn for a nice relaxing and enjoyable weekend.
joe

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Orchard Street Inn two years ago and recently returned for three days (Oct.18-21). This lovely little inn is like a home away from home. The rooms are tastefully furnished with beautifully tiled, sparkling clean bathrooms and lots of windows. The Inn is nestled into a quiet residential street and is attractively landscaped. The owner, Dick Sattler, just has the knack for making his guests feel genuinely welcome. He cooked us three scrumptious, hot breakfasts during our stay -- from pancakes and bacon to omelets and sausages. The Inn is a short walk to Water Street where you'll find two excellent little restaurants -- Noahs & Water Street Grill. We had a local lobster salad at Noah's and some of the best roasted chicken ever at Water Street Grill. Stonington is a beautiful little New England town and the Orchard Street Inn is a perfect little retreat. Thanks, Dick for your hospitality. Suzanne and Bob McIntosh, Williamsburg, Virginia.

Room Tip: We've stayed in the Delphinium Room (our favorite) with a very private patio and the Primula Roo...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2012

My wife and I enjoyed our stay at the Orchard Street Inn July 28, 2012. Dick was a wonderful host. He provided us a ride to the habour which we very much appreciated. The Food was excellent and presentation was great. A great experence.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clark P
Reviewed 18 September 2012

A true gem, with Dick Sattler a gracious host and outstanding chef, a beautifully designed inn with all the comforts that one would expect from a four-star hotel, and in a town that combines the best of the harbors, atmosphere and shopping of Edgartown, Chatham, Marblehead, and Nantucket. We'll be back!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank westcoast180
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stonington
The Whaler's Inn
Hyatt Place Mystic
Hyatt Place Mystic
#3 of 13 in Mystic
Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa

Been to Orchard Street Inn? Share your experiences!