“Nice lunch on a beautiful day”
Review of Dog Watch Cafe

Dog Watch Cafe
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Stonington
Price range: US$10 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Staying nearby and decided to check out the Dog Watch Café because it was a beautiful day and we wanted waterfront dining. Dog Watch fit the bill. As you first come in there's an enclosed porch area and then further in the rest of the dining room. We opted to wait a few minutes for the dining room and I'm glad we did. We had a window front table with a view of the dock. Service was great and food didn't disappoint either.

Started with the calamari which had banana peppers and chorizo. I've never had it with chorizo before and it was so good. For lunch I had the lobster BLT with coleslaw and hubby went with the cod sandwich with fries. My BLT was delicious and the lobster tender and flavorful. Hubby enjoyed his sandwich as well. I'll admit the fries were better than my slaw. I thought the slaw was just meh.

We didn't go over but I noticed out the window they had a bar that ran along the dock with some tables too. That coupled with the firepits out front I could see this being a fun spot to hang out.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I've been here twice in the last two months. Both times the food, view, and service were great. I will go out of may to bring friends here. The fact that you have a view of the bay and are inside a working boatyard make it even cooler. Plenty of parking across the street in the big parking lot.

I would consider this place a 9 out of 10.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stopped at the Dog Watch Cafe today just for a drink and few appetizers. It was jammed with people, but we were seated at the bar right away. Our drinks were great, but the clams casino were amazing! They were so fresh and flavorful, I didn't want to share them. The sweet scallops wrapped in bacon came fresh from the scallop boat docked a few blocks away. The clams on the half shell couldn't have been improved upon either. The atmosphere is ocean casual, and the waitstaff were pleasant and attentive. Seating outside overlooking the marina might require a wait of at least 40 minutes. Parking across the street is plentiful. We'll definitely return to this restaurant with friends very soon.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

FUN, BEAUTIFUL, GREAT FOLKS, Great Food, Spectacular views of STONINGTON Harbor. Just Go...you'll thank me later!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stopped in late in the afternoon for a light dinner. The restaurant was really hopping with a blend of locals and transients. We were seated promptly, but my guess is that this would not be the case in the summer time, just due to the demand. There is a little bar inside, and a larger outside bar area on the pier. This would be a great place to have a drink during the summer.

The restaurant overlooks the harbor and is very pleasant. The staff was very good, just the right amount of attention. We both had the cod sandwich, served with fries. The sandwich was served on a real good hard roll. The fish and fries were done to perfection. We stayed with non alcoholic drinks, so cannot comment on the wine or beer list. The refills are free. The meals were priced competitively with other restaurants and did not have a premium for the great location.

I certainly will go back here again.

1  Thank henry21_7

Been to Dog Watch Cafe? Share your experiences!