“Lovely place with amazing staff and owners”

Saltwater Farm Vineyard
Ranked #2 of 20 things to do in Stonington
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This is a great winery in east coast with gorgeous view. The tasting area is beautiful and their wines are good.
We held our wedding here and the first time we went their we fell in love. The staff are amazing.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

This is a great winery to visit. Currently their wine selection is low (because of bad weather in the last couple of years), but what they do have (usually 3 wines) for tasting is very good. The best thing about this winery though is the gorgeous view! After your tasting, you can get a full glass (or bottle), sit outside and enjoy the gorgeous setting!

1  Thank PanSW7
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Saltwater Farm Vineyard is an excellent stop for wine tasting - the building in and of itself makes it worth the visit - but this is topped by the wine and very nice customer service that starts when you get out of your car - it is only a few minutes out of Stonington on 1A so the location is fine as well.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

We did a CT wine tour and this was our third stop. Driving into the property we were all commenting on how beautiful the property is. Inside the building you almost get the feeling of being inside a wine barrel. It is very modern and sleek and beautiful. They do weddings here and I can see it being a fantastic venue for any party.

The wine tasting included 3 wines and we enjoyed all the wines. I was going to purchase a bottle, as I like to buy wine from wineries we visit, that way I get to keep the cork and save the label. Unfortunately they had some production issues and grape issues from weather and they have a wine shortage. This means they only allow you to try 3 wines and you can buy wine to consume on property. I was very disappointed about this. The woman working the wine tasting was sympathetic to my story and was kind enough to give me a cork to take home since I couldn't buy a bottle. She stated they expected to get enough inventory back in stock come Spring 2014. I would suggest you wait till then to truly enjoy your experience.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

This is one of my favorite vineyards in the area, they have a beautiful tasting area in an old hanger and nice grounds right on the water. Their wines are good, although they are going through a shortage and had limited wines to taste and at the time we were there you could only purchase 1 bottle to take home (I believe now you can only buy to drink on the premises until next season). They also have great music on certain days during the summer where you can bring a picnic and enjoy a bottle of wine.

1  Thank ChantalTravels