“One of my top 5 restaurants - anywhere”
Review of Noah's Restaurant

Noah's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in Stonington
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Palm Desert
“One of my top 5 restaurants - anywhere”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have lived in Chicago, New York, London, Paris and Singapore. I love to eat. I have been spending summers in Watch Hill for 25 years and going to Noah's that long. It is one of my top 5 restaurants - anywhere. They never disappoint. There are always at least 3 appetizers and 4 entrees that I would really like to try. That, for me, is a very rare occurrence. The food is unbelievably fresh and creatively prepared. I would eat there every night if I could. I write this review hesitantly, because Watch Hill is now "on the map" and getting crowded and I don't want to ruin the charm of Noah's, which is only 20 minutes away. But to not sing their praises would be a food sin!!!

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Reba K

Lisbon, Portugal
“Tasty food but the service puts it over the top.”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Good food, tasty specials each day most locally sourced. The servers and hostess were top rate. Friendly and courteous but laid back. We dined with our 7 and 3yr old boys. This often puts restaurant people out of sorts at the start. But not the staff at Noah's! They treated our kids as small adults allowing them to order for themselves and never belittling them. They were attentive to our needs and kind.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank jinx101
Salford, United Kingdom
“Pancakes!!!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

A friend suggested that I try this small an friendly cafe in Stonington for breakfast, it certainly did not disappoint me. The blueberry breakfast pancakes, bacon and maple syrup was superb , topped by great service from the staff. Definitely worth a visit if your driving down or up the I95, a short detour to breakfast heaven.

Dallas, Texas
“A Local Place But Just OK”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Nice people and good service but I would recommend it for breakfast only.

I ate lunch and dinner here but found out later unless you are a local and they know you and you sit at the bar it is not very special. It is a diner. So if you like diner style dining then this may be for you.

Visited June 2014
John1946, Owner at Noah's Restaurant, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you for this opportunity to clarify some confusion that your review might create. We are not a diner, though some of our prices might give you that impression. You will never see the Sysco truck parked outside Noah’s nor a deep fat fryer in our kitchen nor a counter with swivel stools in our dining room. Also, please don’t be confused by the mural of the Nor’easter Diner with happy lobsters in the lobster pot painted on the Church street side of Noah’s. The mural is an affectionate remnant of the Movie Hope Springs with Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones which shot three scenes at Noah’s (in the Movie named the Nor’easter Diner) in the fall of 2011.

I’m glad you felt welcomed to Noah’s by “nice people and good service.” Shannon arranges fresh flowers, in season from her garden, for your table. At dinner we deck our tables with silk screen hand made tablecloths and napkins sewn by our neighbor, The Hungry Palette. For 35 years at Noah’s Stan, a 4th generation baker, and I have been passionate about fresh ingredients (never frozen) and scratch cooking (put together from basic ingredients on the premises). We bake a variety of desserts from scratch right here: Pavlovas with fresh berries, pies with the fruit of the season, the famous Brooklyn Blackout cake. Debbie makes our ice cream in small 32 ounce batches for freshness—that’s 6 servings. Our fresh fish comes from Sea Well Seafood, two blocks away on the town dock. We cook off live and hand pick our lobster; our flounder is native; we only serve Block Island swordfish in season; the salmon is sushi grade Faroe Island; the scallops are Stonington Day Boat Top Bag. The tomatoes which we have been serving in season for 20 years are planted in Rhode Island in a wood-fired hot house by Max and Uli Hence in January. We also are sensitive to local produce such as the nettles that we are now serving. Linda, our chef, has a repertoire of regional New England recipes and dishes from around the world.

We take pride in all three of our meals and work to make each special. Our clientele is a combination of locals and visitors to the area. We have many regulars who have discovered we are a convenient 5 minute ride down scenic North Main Street off of I-95 exit 91 half way between Boston and New York. Our goal is to be a combination of the restaurant just around the corner for the Stonington neighborhood but also worth a detour for the traveler. This can be a win for all since it allows us to be of service all year and all day/evening.

John Papp
Los Altos, CA
“great service and seafood with small town charm”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Had to find a half way point between CT and Providence RI for several relatives to meet and someone suggested Noah's. Not only was our meal excellent, but the little town of Stonington offers your typical New England seaport atmosphere, situated near the water ( bay or ocean? not sure) with sailboats, a small main street with loads of shops and restaurants. But, onto the review for Noah's. The restaurant is fairly small and divided into two parts; nothing fancy but very warm and welcoming. It seemed perfect for this type of seaport village. Bustling servers with great suggestions, they offered a few specials this night including a caprese salad with the first heirloom tomatoes of the season. No surprises here but very good. Although there were 6 of us, 2 ordered the mussels and the other 4 ordered flounder. The flounder was a generous portion with a plateful of steamed broccoli and mashed potatoes and the bowl of mussels was huge. both fresh and tasty. Homemade bread, warm from the oven was great. The highlight was dessert. While they offered homemade rum raisin ice cream, they ran out and brought us mint-chocolate chip (homemade) ice cream. Even better as far as I was concerned. That's my favorite. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and if in the area, I would go back again.

• Visited June 2014