“just ok”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I wasn't very impressed with this restaurant. It was busy and a bit loud. The staff all seemed very rushed and not able to cope.

Ordered a bottle of wine which was poured for a tasting but then the server continued to pour before even glancing at me to see if it was ok. She also dashed off before my boyfriend could make another drink order.

The soup with kale and sausage was probably the one and only highlight of the meal. It was very well seasoned. The salmon on the other hand, was dry and had way too much going on-on the plate. None of the components matched. I didn't like it at all. Dessert was too sweet.

Service continued to be flakey the rest of our meal.

There are much better options around the Stonington area in my opinion. Won't return.

Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

I highly recommend the outstanding restaurant. You can never get a bad meal here and the staff is extremely professional and make you feel welcomed! This restaurant is a must for us always when we are in Stonington.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Water Street is rightfully well regarded by CT coast diners and we try to get there on our bi-annual trips to the area. Our most recent visit [June'14] was as enjoyable as its predecessors. We invariably have steak, seafood and/or pasta and these are always well prepared and prepared. And delicious! . The servers are knowledgeable and efficient, and attentive to one's wishes and needs. It is a classic New England seaport place with all of the charm, freshness and thoughtful [especially seafood] preparations that we like -- and find so rarely on either that coast or "the other coast." We've been going there for years, and hope to continue to do so on our trips back from that "other" coast.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Was in Mystic with family and after dinner wanted a cocktail. They suggested Water Street Cafe..

Was the perfect location. Quickly seated in bar area, nice wine list, great list of specialty cocktails.

Had gentleman there playing guitar and fit the atmosphere perfectly...

Would live to try dinner here and spend more time. Looks like a perfect little place in a quaint town...

Reviewed 19 August 2014

It had been recommended and since we had to stay in stonington for the night we gave it a try. My husband found it the best swordfish ever, which is saying a lot. I found my little neck clams fabulous but the wine sauce very salty. Terrific service...we would go again and again.