“Very nice”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stonington
Another Second Penny Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Stonington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We were very happy with our stay at Another Second Penny. The inn has a definite country feel, but Mystic and Stonington are only a few minutes away by car. We like to stay in older, historic inns, and this fit the bill. You really feel like you are in a home built in the 1700s, but it is still quite comfortable & cozy. We had the house to ourselves during our 2-night stay, so it was particularly peaceful.

Sandra was a great hostess, and if you’re an animal lover, Hobo the cat & Kelly the dog will make you feel right at home. We enjoyed a tasty breakfast every morning, and I appreciated the offer of soy sausage, as well as pork or turkey sausage, or bacon. We highly recommend Another Second Penny Inn!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank COTraveler66
There are newer reviews for Another Second Penny Inn

Reviewed 6 April 2012

My wife and I have spent many a weekend here, whenever we're down in the Mystic, CT area visiting with her family. This 300+ yr old property is an ideal setting for a bed & breakfast. Sandra and Jim, the innkeepers, offer a warm and inviting accommodations. From the little touches like the home-baked goodies placed out in the evening, to the antique toys in the dining room - this is a lovely place to spend a weekend (or a week) away. The three bedrooms upstairs that are all a bit different in their ambiance. We've stayed in them all and never had a complaint about any of them.
Check out Another Second Penny Inn the next time you're traveling in the area. Far, far better than the "famous" Mystic Inn nearby.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jpmcgrath
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I was in the area on business and it was one of the few times my Wife was able to travel with me...Due to the history of the area, and the fact it was over Valentines Day, I wanted to try something other than the "normal" motel room...I found this Bed & Breakfast on Trip Advisor ans fell in love with it just from the photo's...Well, the photo's don't do it justice...This 300 year old Home was stunning!! We didn't want to leave...The breakfast was awesome, Sandra would leave snacks on the beautiful dinning room table and she stocked the small refrigerator in our room...We stayed in the Denison Room and all I can say is "WOW"...Four poster bed, fireplace, private bathroom, jets in the claw footed tub...If you are staying in the area, you have to stay here...I see some complaints about traffic noise...We didn't notice any at all...

Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Mitch B
Reviewed 21 October 2011

I love staying in historic properties, and this one was a beauty. The rooms were luxurious and breakfast delicious and beautifully served on the owners grandmother's china. We stayed in the Noyes room which was very comfortable with its own private bathroom. The Dennison room which my family stayed in was really beautiful and ensuite, but they did complain of a bit of traffic noise which we didn't hear from our room.

Room Tip: Noyes room is quieter
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank travelwise7
Reviewed 20 May 2011

My husband and I stayed at Another Second Penny Inn for our wedding anniversary in May 2011. We loved that fact that it was over 300 years old! If only those walls could talk! The antiques in the Russell room were beautiful. The house was very quiet except for the creaky original wooden floors which only added to the charm of the house. It did take a little getting use to the french style shower claw footed tub. Different but nice. The innkeepers, Sandra and Jim were very kind and made us feel very welcome and comfortable. I can't forget to mention the furry innkeepers, Cassidy and Hobo, who were very lovable and made us feel right at home. The breakfasts were delicious and beautifully presented on antique china each morning. I gave the sleep quality only three stars because the mattress was not all that comfortable. Other than the bed, this is one of the nicest bed and breakfasts we have stayed at. We would highly recommend Another Second Penny Inn if your travels take you to the Mystic, CT area.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank TrippysDoe
strlght, Owner at Another Second Penny Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2011

Mattress choices are such a personal thing that it's hard for us to know what the guests meant by their comment. Unfortunately, they did not say anything to us while they were here (3 nights.) We can assure all of our potential guests that our mattresses are of excellent quality: plush, which means neither soft nor rock hard; level; no saggy places; no springs poking out; etc. We'd rectify this problem if we had enough information to do so but vague dissatisfaction isn't fixable.

Reviewed 9 February 2011

I had the opportunty to extend a business trip and spend a few snowy days in New England. I stayed at Another Second Penny for a couple nights to relax, enjoy the snow and soak up a little authentic New England B&B hospitality. I could not have been happier. The service was perfect...attentive but not overbearing (which can be the case with inexperienced B&B owners somtimes). I plan on returning in the summer for an extended vacation.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank sheltoka
Reviewed 18 January 2011

The inn is beautiful, and the owners have taken the time to do quite a bit of research about not only their property, but the whole area. In addition to their fantastic five course breakfast (the blueberry frenchtoast and the baked grapefruit were favorites), there is always some sort of homemade goodie out to snack on.
While we were there, we found out they do hearth cooking classes, and are thinking of going back to take one.
There is a great inn cat who is sweet and super soft, the fireplace in the suite we stayed in was a great touch, as was the fabulous bathtub.
Not only will I go back, but I have recommended it to several friends who really enjoyed it or are planning a stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank cherlene
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stonington
Hilton Mystic
Inn at Mystic
Inn at Mystic
#5 of 13 in Mystic
Howard Johnson Inn Mystic

Been to Another Second Penny Inn? Share your experiences!