“Quaint little B&B in Stonington”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stonington
Another Second Penny Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Stonington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My boyfriend and I just came back from a 2 night stay at this quaint little B&B. it's a charming home and the innkeepers Sandra and Jim are wonderful! They are very hospitable and welcoming. The breakfasts were very good and served on fine china....we had the B&B to ourselves so it was really nice. We stayed in the Russell suite. Both the Noyes and Denison rooms were very nice as we were able to look them over as well. Our room had all the natural wood with the slanted floors and creaks of a home over 300 years old. The decor is nice....if you are looking for an upscale room this is not the place to stay. It is an old home and preserved to maintain the history of the home, the fireplace is great and the claw foot jetted tub is newer but made to fit in with the rest of the decor. Because the walls are not insulated you can hear people talking below but it didn't bother us. Make sure you also check out the horses in the back....these folks are animal lovers and the cat Hobo, and dog Kelly greet you when you arrive. They are gracious as well.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lisanap

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Stayed at this inn for a nice fall weekend away and was not disappointed; The Dennison room was clean, spacious and had a great oversized bathroom with jacuzzi tub; The bed was comfortable, the breakfast was great (eggs from their own hens) and Sandra, our host was extremely accomodating. The house is very old which adds to its charm and appeal. The inn is located close to mystic, wineries and foxwoods which made for a packed full weekend; Will definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NYvirg1
Reviewed 20 February 2013

We recently stayed for one night in the Russell suite. We found the room to be spacious and full of charm. It is is an old home so floors slope giving the room colonial character. That being said, there is a lovely gas fireplace which though "modern" adds to the colonial ambiance. The Russell room was once used as a dance hall. We marveled at the old wall in the suite which could be raised to make the dance hall larger, or lowered (current position) to make two smaller rooms.The location is great, close to Stonington Borough and Mystic. The inn is just a couple of minutes from I-95 which makes traveling easy. Driving 30 minutes or less could put you in Olde Saybrook, New London or Groton for additional sightseeing. Jim and Sandra serve breakfast at 8:30AM or 9:30 AM and provide an ample and delicious variety of freshly prepared foods. A nice find.....glad we stayed there....hope to return again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ClydesBonnie
Reviewed 2 July 2012

My stay at Another Second Penny Inn is a few years old now, but the visit is still fresh . My daughter and I wanted to visit Mystic Seaport one summer and we were looking for an historic Bed and Breakfast to stay in. My daughter found Another Second Penny Inn and I am glad she did. We had taken a leisurely trip from Long Island and arrived in New London having traveled on the ferry that disembarks from Orient Point. Once in New London, it was a short few miles to the front door of the Inn. Beautifully maintained and furnished, Another SEcond Penny Inn was a mixture of American elegance and rustic simplicity. Sandra and Jim were impeccable hosts and served delicious breakfasts each morning. Conversation was easy and Sandra made the guests at the breakfast table feel comfortable with one another.
The room we stayed in was beautiful and had a large four poster bed as well as a day bed. There was wi- fi and a television included but also writing utensils and a desk. Each evening, Sandra put out scrumptious cookies to bring up to your room, or savor in the parlor which made the stay even more special. What was really an advantage in selecting this Inn, was the specials it offered. These included package deals, which we were interested in, that offered dinners in great local eateries and admission to Mystic Seaport. The price was great and well worth taking them up on.
I am planning to make another trip to Mystic soon, and without question will stay at Another Second Penny Inn. By the way, the name of the Inn comes from the fact that the owners, who come from California ( most B&B ownders seem to be transplants from this state I think) had a boat called the Second Penny. They have another boat which they called Another Second Penny, so you see where I am going with this. Stories like this make the visit even more intimate and memorable. I highly recommend this Inn.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank susangill
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We were very happy with our stay at Another Second Penny. The inn has a definite country feel, but Mystic and Stonington are only a few minutes away by car. We like to stay in older, historic inns, and this fit the bill. You really feel like you are in a home built in the 1700s, but it is still quite comfortable & cozy. We had the house to ourselves during our 2-night stay, so it was particularly peaceful.

Sandra was a great hostess, and if you’re an animal lover, Hobo the cat & Kelly the dog will make you feel right at home. We enjoyed a tasty breakfast every morning, and I appreciated the offer of soy sausage, as well as pork or turkey sausage, or bacon. We highly recommend Another Second Penny Inn!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank COTraveler66
Reviewed 6 April 2012

My wife and I have spent many a weekend here, whenever we're down in the Mystic, CT area visiting with her family. This 300+ yr old property is an ideal setting for a bed & breakfast. Sandra and Jim, the innkeepers, offer a warm and inviting accommodations. From the little touches like the home-baked goodies placed out in the evening, to the antique toys in the dining room - this is a lovely place to spend a weekend (or a week) away. The three bedrooms upstairs that are all a bit different in their ambiance. We've stayed in them all and never had a complaint about any of them.
Check out Another Second Penny Inn the next time you're traveling in the area. Far, far better than the "famous" Mystic Inn nearby.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jpmcgrath
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I was in the area on business and it was one of the few times my Wife was able to travel with me...Due to the history of the area, and the fact it was over Valentines Day, I wanted to try something other than the "normal" motel room...I found this Bed & Breakfast on Trip Advisor ans fell in love with it just from the photo's...Well, the photo's don't do it justice...This 300 year old Home was stunning!! We didn't want to leave...The breakfast was awesome, Sandra would leave snacks on the beautiful dinning room table and she stocked the small refrigerator in our room...We stayed in the Denison Room and all I can say is "WOW"...Four poster bed, fireplace, private bathroom, jets in the claw footed tub...If you are staying in the area, you have to stay here...I see some complaints about traffic noise...We didn't notice any at all...

Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Mitch B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stonington
Hampton Inn & Suites Mystic
#3 of 12 in Mystic
House of 1833
House of 1833
#4 of 12 in Mystic

Been to Another Second Penny Inn? Share your experiences!