“This Place Deserves 5 Stars” 5 of 5 bubbles

Broad Street Bar and Bistro
Cuisines: Italian, American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
“This Place Deserves 5 Stars”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I never thought I would give a place 5 stars but this place hit the mark in every key point. Service 5 stars. Drinks five stars. Food 5 stars. Value 5 stars. Atmosphere 5 stars.

They had a really cool selection of cocktails and of course the most important thing is were they watered down or week? No! Was there an actual good bartender making them or a lesser experienced person slapping drinks together with no real knowledge of the proper mix rates which is fairly common. In this day and age where more complicated exotic drinks are common you need a mixologist to pull these drinks off. Our drinks were amazing!

Now to the food. We both had the braised pork shank and it was exceptional. For apps we had the mussels and the orangeina. Both very good. What was not expected was how the food was priced. The food is high end but the prices were not.

A couple next to us struck up a conversation with us. They gentleman said it was the 5th time they were here and the food has been consistent.

This place is a really nice addition to Westerly and I hope they make it. I can only find one thing to critique and it's pretty small in the overall aspect of things. Bread and olive oil are served at the table. Usually if you are getting just olive oil it's of a very authentic and flavorful brand. This was not the case it had no flavor. It would be a nice touch if they had a flavored infused olive oil or some kind home made spread creation which is common these days to serve with the bread.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Zlimits

CT,USA
“Excellent food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stopped for lunch after hearing about this place a few times. The food was outstanding and very fresh! (Lunch on a Wednesday afternoon)
Calamari appetizer - delicious! lightly fried, perfectly crispy and VERY fresh
Burgers - Great size, cooked perfectly, right off the grill
Service was very good (it was not busy). The redo of the interior is very cool. We are anxious to go at night for drinks/dinner.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Getaway4Now
“Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Nice family style atmosphere with good food, reasonably priced. Attentive wait staff. Will definitely go again to try the pizza!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Palmtreezplz
Ashaway, Rhode Island
“Food was great, service questionable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Wednesday evening entered the bistro for an early dinner. Waitress was very friendly. We ordered our meals with care as I have special dietary requirements. The waitress then very quickly turned in our order with our dinner requests. As soon as the chef received our order I then heard him made a sarcastic comment regarding my special burger. As soon as the waitress left his area I approached him and quickly told him that the burger was ordered as such due to my special dietary requirements. He then proceeded to explain that it was meant as a joke to our waitress. He never apologized to me for making that rude and uncalled for remark. The food is good but be very careful if you require any special handling with your meal. As you too, or I should say your waitress, may experience a rude comment at your expense. I hesitate to ever return.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank newengland83
westerly, ri
“Sunday Evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

To day we tried a new restaurant in downtown Pawcatuck, Ct. Outstanding food and good friendly service. My wife had Pasta Primavera with chicken and sausage which was light and fantastic, I did dip into this. I had the potato pizza with bacon, (think potato skins). This was also great. Desert was the killer, cheesecake for me and beignets for my wife. Beignets were to die for and a diet buster, We will definitely return to try other items on the menu.

• Visited March 2014