“Still Swooning”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2014

What a treat to get to "DINE" on the waterfront. This restaurant exudes calmness, perfect sunsets,excellent food and congenial service. I have gone several times and each is just
the atmosphere that I wanted. Interesting and diverse food choices and fantastic desserts.
If I had my way I would start at dessert.
Yes, it did have some growing pains, what new restaurant doesn't. The kinks are addressed daily and I can see the difference. Staff are happy and helpful.

A VERY satisfied customer

4  Thank Lesley R

Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband and I met our daughter for lunch, and were extremely disappointed to see that there was a new restaurant-No lunch service, first of all-(seriously,summer, waterside?) We were not interested in drinks or raw fish, we were interested in a nice meal, casual dining, smell the sea air and feel welcomed-Didn't happen. We asked to see the menu, and we almost fainted at the prices-(where are we?the Almafi Coast?)Personally,we aren't 'stuffy' people-we like a welcoming staff, good service(as used to be the case)good food, AT A DECENT, NOT HIGHWAY ROBBERY, price-The menu is a la carte-so be VERY careful. No, we didn't eat there, and no we won't be eating there-go down to Dog Watch-they have lovely service, reasonable prices(lobster roll, is fantastic)and you actually feel welcomed! Oh, and you can smell the sea air, even though there is no dockside dining! It's busy, but they treat you like family, not like people with deep pockets!

5  Thank podunk13
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Slow to serve at firdt on a less than busy night. Friendly wait staff. Great renovation of the venerable skippers dock. A job well done. Dinner was ok. Swordfish was very good, oit of flounder so i tried the hake. Kind of boring and bland. Desert was good. Coffee and donuts(creme brulee) waa great, spanish toast was ok. Very pricey-close to 40.00 for a dinner and 1 drink. I will try again but not right away.

1  Thank brynulf
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Very nice location, Nicely appointed dinning room and nice outdoor seating. Prices seem to be a bit high. Found no problem with the service, although the entrées took far to long to come. Price is also very high with everything being extra. Drink prices also were much to high. I guess the cost of redoing the building and being in such a great location on the water requires higher prices. This restaurant seems to cater more to the money that has permeated the Ct coast. This is a nice place but it is really trying to be only for the money people of the area.

2  Thank cttravelrgo
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Have been coming since they opened as we live in the boro. The food has always been good from day one. Favorites include fried artichokes and the tagliatelle bolognaise. The sundae and the dark chocolate tort are to die for. Service is good now, although a bit variable to start . They have always been friendly. We love the place.

4  Thank Shaun D