When you need to be on the UConn campus early in the morning, or for a graduation, etc. The Nathan Hale Inn is the only game in town. Literally, they are the only hotel that is directly on campus.
• Location, location, location
• Well kept, neat hotel
• Indoor pool
• They began noisy construction under our window at 7am
• The price, $163 (higher at other times of year), is much more than you’d pay if you don’t need to be right on campus. The Baymont in Manchester (there are many such hotels in Manchester and Vernon, about minutes from campus) is nearly $100 less.
• No continental breakfast. We were told there were 2 restaurants but in fact one was open and breakfast for three was $30. Not terrible, but again, other hotels have continental breakfasts included in the price
• $8.00 for parking (Really? Is this Boston or NYC?). No other hotels in the area charge for parking
• The TV was sub par, with no hook ups for a DVD player. Most hotels today have TVs that, even if they’re not flat screen, have A/V connections
• Pillows were rock hard
In summary, if you absolutely have to be on the UConn Storres campus, this is your only option. Otherwise, save yourself money and stay in nearby Manchester or Vernon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Nathan Hale Inn and Conference Center, located on the historic campus of the top-ranked University of Connecticut in Storrs, and offering visitors a convenient upscale full-service alternative to hotels in Manchester or Hartford. Set in the heart of campus, across from Storrs Center, the Nathan Hale Inn is the perfect destination for alumni, sports enthusiasts, parents and potential students. Whether you are traveling on business or for pleasure, the full-service Nathan Hale Inn is a top choice for hotels in Connecticut. Named after Connecticut's Revolutionary war hero, the Nathan Hale Inn offers sophisticated New England hospitality against a backdrop of rural beauty. We've got the best full-service choices and premium guest rooms for UConn alumni, guest speakers, visiting parents and Husky fans. Hartford and Manchester hotels cannot compare to our unique setting and unbeatable location in the heart of historic University of Connecticut Storrs campus and across from Storrs Center. 100 premium guestrooms at the Nathan Hale Inn & Conference Center provide a convenient base of operations for business travelers or families visiting the University of Connecticut's scenic main campus in Storrs. A full array of services includes high speed internet access, two restaurants with lounge, heated indoor pool and spa, and fitness center. UConn cultural, Storrs Center, and sports events are only steps away. The Nathan Hale Inn is a picture-perfect place to plan your seminar, wedding, reunion or conference, with a personal conference planner at your service. We offer versatile meeting rooms and our elegant three-season pavilion that accommodates up to 250 and the adjacent Rome Commons Ballroom is 10,000 square feet and can host large events within a short walk to Storrs Center. Choose from our Nathan Hale's two full service restaurants for dining experiences that range from elegant to casual, or relax in our lounge. The Nathan Hale Inn is a picture-perfect convenient base of operations while visiting the University and is convenient to the many UConn cultural activities and sports events. A full array of services includes high speed internet access, two restaurants and a lounge, indoor pool, fitness center and Jacuzzi. The Inn is also certified as Green & Sustainable lodging by the state of Connecticut and is a perfect site for Green & Sustainable meetings and conferences. Our location across from Storrs Center can't be beat and our goal to provide you exceptional service makes Nathan Hale Inn the best choice for visitors. Make the Nathan Hale Inn your full-service oasis on campus, with contemporary flair and a convenient alternative to hotels in Manchester and Hartford. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Nathan Hale Inn and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nathan Hale Hotel Storrs