“Nice place, location and food”

Jake's Wayback Burgers
Ranked #77 of 145 Restaurants in Stratford
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Located right on the corner of two key Stratford roads about 1/2 mile from the Home Depot-Walmart shopping center, so its very easy to drive in & out. Good burgers, chilidogs, chicken tenders and french fries. Better than McDonalds although definitely more expensive; less than Johnny Rockets though. Order in line and wait for your name to be called, so no tipping.

Quick service and massive milkshakes. The "junior" size was fine for me but the "regular" size was served to others right in the stainless steel milk shake containers nearly up to the top, so its like double a McDonalds shake and much, much better. Don't know if that is normally how its served since I only been to Wayback Burgers once, but its well worth the $5.75 or whatever it costs. I will definitely be back to try again.

1  Thank Domino1969

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Conveniently located on my way to the Walmart/Home depot plaza so I stopped in for a burger. It was alright. It is better than a McDonald's burger but it wasn't a gourmet burger. Since I eat burgers once a month and not every week, I can't say it is comparable to Five Guys, Johnny Rockets or the new Sonic out in Milford, but it is convenient and okay.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

A little late on posting this review but I had forgotten to do so until we recently ate at another jakes location. So we were visiting CT last year for WWE in Bridgeport and we were driving around for like a good hour trying to find a place to eat that didn't look sketchy and that had some decent reviews. We first walked into a boston market and didn't make it all the way in before we turned to leave based on how disgustingly dirty the place looked. We were cutting it close for time and ultimately ended up at jakes. I went into this with very low expectations because it was a last minute unplanned place and I figured at best we would leave there with some food in our guts and that's about all. Boy was I ever wrong!!!!! The cost was a little pricier than I had expected and hoped for but it was soooooo worth every penny. My toddler is a challenge to feed, hes too much of a busy body to sit still and eat so feeding him is an incredibly difficult challenge and finding him something to eat that is good enough to keep him sitting and eating for more than 5 minutes is a rare thing. He however was able to eat almost an entire hotdog and a handful of fries this is insanely amazing because he literally would only eat a couple bites of other food. We ordered burgers and fries and onion rings with shakes for ourselves and the portion size was average looking but once we ate the food we realized how filling the food was so we actually didn't finish our fries and onion rings. The burgers were the best burgers we have had anywhere ever, They melted in our mouths, they were so good that even though we were stuffed the taste they left in our mouths made us want more. We live about 5 hours from here but I would absolutely make a trip here again just to eat.

2  Thank mitchellb1984
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Grandson choose this eating place prior to a school holiday function. Third Wayback burger place that we have visited in Southern New England and the common link is that they all have greasy burgers. Tasty, but hate to look up the calorie count for their burgers. My bacon burger was fine, but not a place that I would visit very often because of the greasiness. My wife's cheeseburger was about the same. Like their build your own burger concept, but not enough to make this a steady eating establishment. Onion rings with the ranch dip complemented the meal and the unsweetened ice tea was wet. For an uncrowded evening, not sure if the wait for the burgers should have been as long as it was.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Burgers were greasy and undercooked, service wasn't the best seemed like they had better things to do, the place was empty, we called our order in when we got there we still stood there for about 5 minutes before anyone acknowledged us, you are better off making burgers on your grill at home and they were pretty expensive for burgers we won't go agin