“Homewood Suites, Stratford, Ct.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Stratford
New Jersey, United States
“Homewood Suites, Stratford, Ct.”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Nice place, Clean rooms, Good food at breakfast and evening happy hour. you can't beat it for a business trip. But the one thing that puts it above the rest is the staff. Linda is terrific, I haven't bee there for over two years and only a couple of times back then, but she still makes a point in knowing her guests names and is very welcoming, Thanks for a nice stay.

Room Tip: so far - they are all good
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 24 August 2014

As a Hilton Diamond customer, I frequently and exclusively stay at Hilton properties. My family took a short vacation and stayed at this hotel for one night. We got in around 1030pm, and honestly was glad I was not here earlier because while the hotel was not particularly bad it is not particularly nice. We just checked out of a Homewood Suites in Canton, MA which was the very very very nice.

Short summary of my experience:
-After hours the front door locks for safety and you need to use a phone to call and let the front desk know you there to open up (I don't know this area at all but that doesn't send a good message when you first arrive)
-Check in staff was courteous and helpful. I did not encounter other staff to comment on during my short stay
-Decor in the public areas was average
-Room itself was much smaller than the Homewood Suites I checked out of earlier in the day in MA. The appliances were older as well. No separate eating area like other Homewood suites. Shower/toilet area a little cramped. The room however seemed to be clean.
-Parking seemed limited. At 1030pm checkin in time, it took some time to find a parking spot.
-We stayed here primarily because pets are permitted. There is a little pet area out back with poop bags in a trash can.
-Price was decent at $103 + tax
-I did not use the gym or other facilities so cannot comment

Overall, this was for the price and because it allowed my dog to stay, was ok for one night. I would not choose to come here for an extended stay on vacation not because the staff was rude or the place was dirty, but simply because the place is outdated and honestly not that comfortable compared to the many other Hilton properties that I have been to that are newer.

Room Tip: The hotel is one long strip and there are entrances to the building on either end of the building in...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank mikedc0813
LViz, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Mikedc0813, I am sorry you were disappointed with our property...sounds like you didn't have enough time to truly experience us! Yes, we do lock our doors later in the evening as I am sure all hotels do, as the safety of our guests is of utmost importance to us. Although we have not had any negative experiences here, in this day you need to be cautious. As for our suite size or layout, perhaps you stayed in a one bedroom suite at the Canton Homewood? We also have a choice of one or two bedroom/two bath suites which our guests typically rave about. Our parking lot is normally full as we are very popular here but we do have multiple entrances to get to your suite easily. If you come to our area again, please give us another try, I 'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!
Malden, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My family stayed at the hotel for 1 night. I found the check in area on the dark side. The front desk was efficient but not very friendly. The room was nice with the basic comforts of home. Even though the room was reserved for 4 people we only had towels for 3 but it was simple and quick to get more towels. We had a 1 bedroom suite. There wasn''t any walking space by the sofa once the sofabed was open but we anticipated that. Everything was clean. The breakfast was nice and included make your own waffles, premade cheese omelets etc. It looked crowded but we easily found a table and there is a patio outside you can also use.

Room Tip: we were given a room by the elevator and didn't hear any noise outside of our room.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Stratford, Connecticut
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We spent over 11 months at this facility due a home fire. The management and staff were like family to us. Warm & accommodating, thoughtful & courteous. We feel like they are our extended family & helped get through a rough patch in our lives.

Room Tip: ask for rooms on the north side facing Rte 110 Main floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Barry W, We miss you too! You will always be family to us and we look forward to you visiting. The hard part of our job is the departure's of our long term guests. Things aren't the same without seeing your smiling faces! We wish you well and lots of happiness in your "new" home! See you soon!?
Lagrangeville, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We were very satisfied with the hotels cleanliness, furnishings in the room and the hot breakfast. We were disappointed that the website showed a hot tub and when we got there the hot tub was covered up by a floor and no longer existed for quite some time.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Torrington, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The hotel itself is up on a hill with a lovely view of mountains. When you go inside there is a banquet room and there is also a little convenience store if you forgot to pack anything. The suite has a California king size bed, a lovely kitchen which includes pots, pans, dishes, glasses, silverware, a dishwasher, fridge with automatic ice maker, stove, microwave with a bag of free microwave popcorn, coffee maker. There is also a beautiful living room with a pull out sofa. A sitting place for 2 people. They will also do your laundry if you bring it downstairs before 9 am and dry cleaning too. The bedroom had a lovely view. And the bed itself you just sink into it. I recommend this hotel for a family or just a business trip. If they don't have it they will get it for you or direct to where you need to get what you need. Hats off to the staff!!! You made my husband and I wedding anniversary superb!!!

Room Tip: Rooms were very quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sandra J, Thank you for choosing our hotel to celebrate your anniversary! Our location does serve well as a cozy hideaway! I am happy that you enjoyed and took advantage of our many complimentary amenities enabling you to have a relaxing stay. Hope you will come back often and thank you for taking the time to write such a complimentary review!
Whitmore Lake, Michigan
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The staff at this Hotel are great everybody is so, helpful and friendly and make it feel like Home.
Clare and Sharon thank you so much for all help and making me feel comfortable while I'm away from my home every week. I've already booked next week stay. From top to bottom this is a Great Hotel. See you next week!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stratford
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
Hyatt Place Milford/New Haven
Hampton Inn Milford
Hampton Inn Milford
#4 of 13 in Milford

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford? Share your experiences!