“Steady Improvement”

Stratford Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Stratford
Reviewed 28 February 2012

The Stratford Hotel is the former Ramada Inn in Stratford, CT. I have been staying at this property off and on for 20 years. It has certainly had its ups and downs over the years. The current Management team is steadily improving this property and is making it very comfortable for the business traveler. This hotel has a restaurant/lounge which is helpful, especially in the winter months.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the 3rd, 5th or 6th floors.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Karen L, General Manager at Stratford Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Thank you, thank you, thank you. It brings a smile to our face to see that our returning guests have noticed all the many fine changes to our hotel. It is important to us that our guest not only feel welcome while you are our guest, but that we meed your expectations.

Karen & John

Reviewed 7 February 2012

Our company stayes here alot because of the location and the restaurant and bar on the premises. However, until recently the place was starting to look run down. Lots of changes and all good. They now are the Stratford Hotel and I have been told they are under new management. This makes sense because the rooms are all renovated from the carpet up. What a hugh difference. All new everything in the rooms. We also noticed a nice change in who stays here and a much friendlier staff. In the past I would say for the money it works, but now I gotta say the whole package makes it worth it.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I re visited the Ramada Inn in Strattford and I couldn't believe the changes I have seen. I don't know what's going on there but there was a different feel to it. The rooms were cleaner, the front desk was pleasent and the bathrooms looked new. I had to say something so I saw Karen the Director of Sales and the General Manager John I had to tell them how impressed I was with the changes.

I only stay there a couple of times a year out of convienence, but now I must say I would have no problem recomeding them to my co workers.

Keep it up! I will be back!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank LisaGeneralManager

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for your kind words. Actually you are correct on all accounts. The rooms look cleaner because we have all new carpeting and beautiful bed linens by Martha Stewart herself. The bathrooms have all been painted with all new tileing and we have new front desk agents that all take their positions very seriously.

Thank you for choosing The Stratford and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 26 September 2011

out dated, musty smelling rooms, burn holes in blankets, I actually had to go find towels because the maids were non existing and located in a shabby part of the town. So unless you are super tired and no other choice dont go here.

Room Tip: Go a little further north on I95 and find a better hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Dear Never Again

Hopefully you will return one more time to be able to write a completely different review. I see your stay was in September, but since November we have done a complete 390 degree turn.

The rooms have now been done over with all new bed linens (no more old bedding with burns from our guests), we have new carpeting, along with the bathrooms with new tileing and paint. (The rest of the bathroom is newer than most newer hotels in our area). As to the mustly smells....also gone. I also know that you would find we not only have housekeepers on staff during the day, but also evening.

We hope to win your business back now that we have a staff that is here to make sure our guests leave happy.

Reviewed 20 September 2011

I can not believe what kind of hotel this is I stayed there with my family was supposed to stay 3 days but didn't last through the night. A prostitute approached us in the elevator when i was with my son, the manager was not even suprised as a matter of fact he seemed to know exactly what room she was in because he went straight to the phone and called her and seemed to have a personal relationship with her. The rooms were filthy we did not take our shoes off. We showered pulled back the sheets, blanket ripped and smelled like urine sheets were stained. My girlfriend showered we fed the baby and we left checked out front desk argued with us and i was not even fighting about paying for the night i just didn't want to be charged for other 2. Someone needs to run this hotel. oh yea then I said I was going to call Ramada and the girl said we are not with them anymore, whats going on?

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Dear Kenneth G,

Even though this review was written in September, we wanted to take the time to now respond; Primarily because we are no longer that hotel and our front desk agents are now men and women that take great pride in making sure our guests stay is a pleasant one and are treated with the utmost respect.

Under new ownership we also pride ourselves on our clientele.

As to our rooms, they have all been completely done over. With new "Martha Stewart" bed-in-the-bag linens, the carpeting and bathrooms all painted with all new tileing. No more ripped blankets.

Should you find yourself in this area again, hopefully you will give us another chance. We believe you will find a difference....a good difference.

Reviewed 14 September 2011

I was completing a 17 hour road trip to attend a relative's funeral and pulled in at the Ramada. The Woman (Tawana) took 25 minutes to say anything to us and only had 1 customer to help. We were standing in front of her counter waiting, but she never said I'll be with you shortly or hello. There were 3 adults and 1 child in my group and it cost well over $300.00. I specifically asked Tawana several times for something on the 1st level since my brother was a Viet Nam amputee and couldn't walk too far. She assured us that it would be and took our money. We ended up with rooms on the 6th floor, had to drive around back to a huge parking lot and walk back into the hotel. My son and I made 4 trips back and forth to the car after asking for a roller caddy that was never received. There was an elevator, but if you weren’t quick enough, it would slam you up in the doors. My room had dust that you could feel and see. Near the door was a fat roll of white dust that had a long line like a kite string over the carpet. The fridges and TV's didn't work in 2 of the rooms and 1 slightly worked in the third one (my brother is a diabetic and needed to store his medicine, so he had this room.) We barely slept because we didn't know what else to expect. I am begging you like James Brown used to...Please...Please...Please do not stay at this horrid place.

Room Tip: Waffles looked promising.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Dear D B

We realize your stay was back in September, but because we are no longer the hotel you stayed at, we wanted to take this time to say we are sorry for all that was wrong at the time.

As new owners have taken over the property, we are now The Stratford Hotel & Conference Center. All our rooms have all new lovely bedding by Martha Stewart, new carpeting and bathrooms have been painted along with all new tileing. As to housekeeping, the staff is new. As to the front desk agents, several are new, but all have gone through proper front desk etiquette training. As to Tawana, she is no longer anything that you discribed. She actually has become a great front desk agent who responds immediately to our guests along with such a pleasant smile and personality that always makes our guests smile.

Should you come back to our area we would love for you to give us another chance. Just call and ask for Karen or John to set you up with a much discounted rate.

Reviewed 23 August 2011

we were on a long road trip when we needed to take a break because it was getting late. we had not booked the ramada in advance but simply drove up as it is very close to the I95. the front desk was friendly enough but at 113 dollars for a double we had expected a cleaner, more up to date and better hotel. The room was smelly, mostly because of the shower curtain that needed replacement. also, the beds did not have duvets but used fleece blankets and sheets. because the room had obviously not been used for some time, the sheets felt somewhat damp which was not very enjoyable. also the carpet in the room was torn. However, the roo was clean, and we had a good night's sleep.

breakfast was included but it is not much. there is some juice, and cereal as well as some bagels, and coffee and tea from a machine.

A big compliment to Shakira (not sure we spelled it right); the lady in the breakfast room who tried to make everyone feel welcome and who was making fresh waffles. there were nice and she did a great job.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank FleurGroningen

Dear Fleur Groningen,

As much as we hate seeing these reviews, at least now we can say a second visit would bring a review that is much different!

As we are no longer a Ramada and are under new management, there have been many changes. These include: new bed linens/duvets by Martha Stewart (no more old fleece blankets), new carpeting, bathrooms painted and all new tileing, our pool and pool area completely redone, and a restaurant and lounge completely remodeled with new ownership.

As to our staff, you will be greeted by a warm, experenced front desk agent that values each and every guest and has been trained with proper front desk etiquette. As to our housekeeping staff, every room is inspected on a daily basis to insure clean and welcoming rooms.

We hope you will come and experience a stay at the new Stratford Hotel & Conference Center.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stratford
Quality Suites
Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford
Residence Inn Milford
Residence Inn Milford
#3 of 13 in Milford

Been to Stratford Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!