“Great every time we go (save room for the limoncello gelato dessert!)”
Review of Biagio's Osteria

Biagio's Osteria
Reserve with OpenTable
Biagio's Osteria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 145 Restaurants in Stratford
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 110
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We just went here recently to co-celebrate a birthday and anniversary that fall close to each other. It's one of our favorite places to go in our local area. We've been here numerous times in the past and we've never been disappointed. The staff is always friendly and attentive. This particular time we split the "cheese tasting" appetizer since it has the fresh buffalo mozzarella in it which reminds us of our great times spent in Italy, and for a main course I had the "Ravioli Porcini E Tartufo" which was also great. I can also tell you from past visits that the eggplant rollatini and the meatball appetizers are also great. And then it's always a mainstay to order a limoncello gelato dessert as a finale to the evening Try it once and you'll get it every time! We can definitely recommend this place. You'll really enjoy yourself.

1  Thank StingrayJG
There are newer reviews for Biagio's Osteria

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I had a recommendation to go here, we went on a Saturday night to used a gift certificate, and thank goodness we had one, because prices were sky high. You can tell this place was old school, which is nice. We did not like the foyer area, very cramped and we were confused when we walked in as to where to go. They were rather busy at the moment which is fine and understandable, but a little sign of some sort could of been helpful. I hate to say it but are food was just ok, I had high expectations. Are waiter was very freindly and attentive I wish I had remembered his name, he also seemed easy going and laid back which was refreshing in a rather stuffy, uptight atmosphere. I noticed some of the other waitresses, dishwashers, and bus boys were talking amongst each other in a not so professional mannor which I was not a big fan of. We had calamari as an app, and it was delicious but are entrees were mediocre at best. My girlfreind had the salmon, and I had some penne dish. I want to go back and give this place another chance, I may of just hit a off night for them. Based on recent reviews this place is a big hit, and I can see how it could be with the old school italian family style they do have. I noticed it looked like the owner and staff knew one of the regulars family by first names at the table next to us, I do love to see that. It means customers come back. It is unfortuante though I feel like I would have to win the lottery in order to go back without breaking the bank.

1  Thank ConciergeCreighton
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I am an Italian citizen who lives partly in Italy. I am also from an Italian community in the Northeast. The chef is from Naples and speaks Italiano.. And knows his food. We walked in for a business dinner and the first thing is the chef comes out and offers to make us multiple small appetizers that he thinks we would like. (Love not having to order). He brings out a homemade butternut squash ravioli covered in pignoli and cream sauce.. To die for!. Also, then he brings out a calamari cooked perfectly in a little spicy marinara sauce..Once again top notch. Then he brings out a veal meatball which was delicious. The wine was a Barolo which was recommended and delicious. We all got the entree which was the Veal Osso Buco..Absolutely one of the best I have ever had... Just a SUPERB Meal and a restaurant that should not be missed when around this area.

2  Thank Anthony C
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Ate here for first tie on Mother's Day with the family excellent meal at a reasonable price. My only downside was the unordered second bottle of wine.
Possibly a misunderstanding but done never the less

1  Thank steverA8718SU
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Decided to go to Biagio Osteria based on daughter's friend's father from NYC & Italy who had wedding rehearsal dinner here combined with glowing Trip Advisor reviews. Glad we weren't disappointed as it was our 45th wedding anniversary. Warm welcome given by Maitre d "Filvio" who treated us like family combined with our Irish Italian waiter Michele. Maitre d was also our sommelier guiding us from the $1400 top to a varied selection of Tuscan reds at $35 which suited our taste and budget. We started with the veal ricotta meat balls that were perfect for two to share since there were 2 jumbo sized served with warm crusty bread. Our entrees included the Ossobuco Milanese & L'Aragosta di Ravioli both delicious and enough for take home portions. The finale was the warm chocolate bread buddino which is Biagio's favorite and now mine which we shared with our cappucino after Filvio treated us to a limoncello digestif. We will never forget this special anniversary dinner and will definitely return again when we visit CT.

2  Thank Jon P

Been to Biagio's Osteria? Share your experiences!