“Small town restaurant with big city taste”
Review of Tosca Restaurant

Tosca Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Suffield
Price range: US$7 - US$35
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Tosca is in a quaint town, but has the quality you would expect from a restaurant in a big city. Chef, Kevin Cousins, consistently creates great meals on every visit. One of our favorites.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Food and prices are high end but great for a special occasion. Although last time we were there, the hostess looked like she just rolled out of bed.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I live in Suffield and have not been to Tosca for several years. Last month I tried it again, and wow what a pleasant surprise. The food is imaginative and very very good. The wait staff is knowledgeable, courteous and efficient.

I will definitely go back there again and again.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

I stayed close to the airport and usually eat someplace really close, but decided to venture out a little further...Tosca is only a 10 minute drive from the airport and its VERY good. I was there early and had a seat at the bar, which only seats about 6 people. Even at 6:00 it was busy..its definitely a local place. They have 4 nice beers on tap and an excellent selection of cocktails and a decent wine list. The Chef (cant remember his name) is on the door to the restaurant and was in the kitchen..he knew the people sitting next to me. The service is excellent, the bartender was Heather and she was very good. I ordered the Faus Graix...(my spelling is terrible..sorry) and it was amazing. I had the organic salmon and it was also excellent. I will absolutely go back to here when I come back...a great find on the road!!!

1  Thank Texas_Phil
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Four foodies arrived casually dressed, hungry and early from the nearby canal bike trail. We were greeted by a welcoming, warm and friendly wait staff. The chef sent an eggplant tapinade to our table, followed by a warm foccacia with a roasted red pepper butter. We ordered the Grilled Calamari with sausage and fingerlings potato, Wellfleet oysters to start. Both were delicious. We also tried the Beet salad and the spinach salad..which were mouth watering delicious. We ordered the Cajun pasta, the Shrimp Scampi and the spaghetti carbonara Pasta . The servings were large. The Shrimp Scampi was light with artichoke hearts and large shrimps. The Carbonara had a pepper after taste that blinded the carbonara sauce. We shared a home made ice cream, pumpkin cheesecake.. which was very rich, creamy and delicious. The pumpkin flavor was combined with a "cheesecake" texture that was mouth watering. The wine and micro beer selection was unique. The house Chardonnay excellent. Overall, the appetizers and salad 5 out of 5 stars, the entres, 3.5 stars.