“Simply the best”
Review of Spencer On Main

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Suffield
Spencer On Main
Ranked #1 of 3 Suffield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 January 2006

I loved my stay at this elegant and historic inn. Imagine beds so comfortable you melt into them, while surrounded by the serenity of history. Each room reflects Suffield's past, with great care and refinement. One is transported back in time, and the effect is restorative to the mind and soul! From freshly ironed sheets to heavenly towels--no detail was spared for my comfort. Even the bed coverings were meticulously and beautifully prepared! Caroline and Etienne's breakfasts were superb--fresh fruit, French toast casserole to die for, hot croissants and rich Belgian coffee. They are
genuinely interested in their guests--so be prepared to linger over the breakfast table. Inimitable hospitality, great conversation and
devotion to your comfort--these are d'Otreppe hallmarks. If you can't fly to Europe, come here for a weekend...you'll get the royal treatment.

• Stayed: October 2005
1  Thank Wintress81

Manchester, CT
Reviewed 10 November 2005

My husband and I were looking for a romantic bed & breakfast to spend our 1st anniversary. (He asked me to marry him at a stay at a bed & breakfast.) Spencer on Main was just what we were looking for. Not only were the rooms amazing but the hosts were incredible. They helped us find a place for dinner and even made the reservations for us. And breakfast the following morning....mmmmmm....my taste buds are still happy weeks later.

Thank you!!

• Stayed: October 2005
Sarasota, FL
Reviewed 20 October 2005

Spencer on Main was an absolutely wonderful place to stay for a quick business trip to New England, the accomodations were beautiful and comfortable, the breakfast was always superb, and the hosts were two of the most loveliest people I have ever met. I would highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast to couples, and for those traveling for pleasure or business. A spectacular get-a way! I hope to soon return.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Aiken, SC
Reviewed 2 August 2005

Spencer on Main is a bed and breakfast that creates a truly comfortable welcoming atmosphere. Consideration of the guest's schedule is a priority. Breakfasts were wondeful, delicious, treats. The innkeepers, Etienne and Caroline are not creating a business, but a landmark to be savored.

The inn features an extraordinarily wide-ranging library, is furnished with family antiques, and set on several acres in a picture-perfect town that is chock-full of well-labeled old homesteads (be sure to tour the 18th Century King House, just across the street from the side entrace to Spencer on Main, for the marvelously well informed talks on both the house and local history by Lester Smith). Unlike many otherwise lovely B&Bs we have visited, the bathroom was modern, large, and very nicely thought out.

Innkeeper Etienne is a Belgian with a love of food, a desire to see that his guests enjoy wonderful breakfasts in exquisite settings, and the ability to see that they do. And he caters to the needs of the guests in ways I have not encountered earlier: informed that we had planned a very early departure, Etienne volunteered to get up at 4:00AM in order to wake us and to prepare a hot breakfast before we departed at 5:00AM; he even provided a bag lunch for the road (we had about 1000 miles to travel that day)!

Caroline and Etienne lived abroad for many years and bring relaxed gracious and informed conversation to those looking for it.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Westfield, MA
Reviewed 27 July 2005

Find Yourself Pampered in a Refined Atmosphere. From the minute you arrive until you reluctantly take your leave you'll find a quiet refined atmosphere with excellent food and conversation.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Washington, DC
Reviewed 14 July 2005

My fiancée and I went up to Connecticut for a few fantastic days this June and we can only express our sincerest thanks to Etienne and Caroline to have made our stay so fabulous.

The house is magnificent and has been recently renovated. The rooms are superb, decorated with antiques and the amenities are top notch.
The welcome we received from Etienne and Caroline was genuine and heart-warming. They were always available and gave us many tips and directions. I must add that their “cuisine” is amazing. The breakfast they put together is truly delicious.

There is a lot to see in the area and the history is present everywhere. Deerfield and the Berkshire mountains are only an hour away. Suffield and its area are beautiful. But I must stress that the Air Museum (where Caroline works) is a must-see. I love the "Air and Space" in DC but this one is far more personal and the care and love put in by so many volunteers is apparent.

The garden is a great place to hang out and the pool is big enough to get a nice workout. (approx. 40ft by 20ft)

My fiancée and I loved the place and will definitely go back. I recommend this great B&B to all who love comfort, great food, atmosphere and history.

• Stayed: June 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 May 2005

The house is magnificent, yet it pales next to the welcoming attitude of the owners. We had absolutely lovely accommodations, top of the line food, and the atmosphere was just wht my wife and I needed on a "whirlwind weekend". Our schedule was hectic, we were needy and Caroline and E'tienne were there each time to help and see to our needs. At the end of our busy days there was a comfortable bed awaiting us and we both enjoyed terrific, well needed sleep.

If for no other reason, one shoud stay there just to see the house and it's appointments. Connecticut history at every glance. Suffield enjoys being a town where decendants of the original settlers are still in residence. Caroline is one of them and the house is all a part of Suffield's story.

A must see for the B & B fan!

• Stayed: May 2005, travelled on business
2  Thank Terkay
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suffield
Hampton Inn Springfield South Enfield
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport
SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks
Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks

Been to Spencer On Main? Share your experiences!