“awesome seafood”

Ranked #10 of 34 Restaurants in Thomaston
Sophieschoice61
“awesome seafood”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I've been going to the goose and ganders for years and now that i live out of town is on my list of things to do when i'm back in town. They have the best fried clams, onion rings even thier hot dogs are the best. Enjoy!

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Sophieschoice61

Thomaston, Connecticut
“Average”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We have eaten here on a few occasions. We did have a sub-par breakfast on one occasion. Their lunches are better...

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Foodie_Mike1971
“My family & I have NEVER had a bad thing from this place.”
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We go to the Goose & Gander once a month. If we can afford it more than once we go (I'm unemployed). We've done breakfast, dinner, had them cater a party for us, ordered containers of food to take else where & have no complaints from any1. And we have picky people. Yankee pot roast, grilled reuben, the new specialty burgers.... All delish. Want a great dinner go there. The service is great too.

2 Thank k670shug
Thomaston, Connecticut
“Dont waste your time”
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I began coming to Goose n Gander a year ago. The breakfast is soooo greasy it will slide off your plate. Nasty, disgusting food.The only good thing they make is tiny apple fritters outside of that stay away if you dont want to end up in the ER for the day....

1 Thank shellmatt070
Watertown
“Not a good way to do business”
Reviewed 10 September 2011

A few weeks ago my wife and I made our first (and last) trip to
the Goose and the Gander restaurant in Thomaston for breakfast.

My wife ordered an omelet, some toast and coffee. I ordered two eggs over easy, hash, homefries, toast, coffee, and orange juice.

When we received our order, I noticed that my eggs were not 'over easy' but were fried hard. Not a big thing. The food was good, we finished our meal, paid the $28 bill, and left.

Afterwards, I couldn't help wondering about those eggs. Was it possible that the cook, skillful enough to work in a restaurant, did not know how to make eggs 'over easy?' That was hard for me to believe. I make them properly almost daily for myself.

Maybe the cook thought that I would not notice that the eggs were not over easy? That was also hard to believe. I did notice.

I came to the conclusion that the cook did not want to waste two eggs, said the heck with it, and sent the improper order out to me.

If you're going to charge me $28 for breakfast, is it asking too much that I get what I ordered?

For the price of two eggs (25 cents?) the Goose and the Gander lost two customers.

Not a good way to do business.

• Visited August 2011