“Full of Charm”
Review of The Tolland Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tolland
The Tolland Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Tolland B&B and Inns
London
“Full of Charm”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

This is a lovely B&B, I couldn't recommend it more highly. The house is beautiful, filled with antiques and objets trouvé and the owners are delightful hosts. I had a bedroom on the ground floor at the front of the house and thought it might be noisy given the proximity to the road but I had an excellent night's sleep, and when I woke up, had the best blueberry pancakes I can remember. I would recommend it to couples as well. It has the type of feel you want for a quiet weekend away where a good portion of the time may be spent in the room!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Princeton, N.J.
Reviewed 1 September 2012

This was a perfect distance to travel on our return from Maine to NJ. The home is charming and is filled with furniture the owner makes which is exquisite. There are wonderful rooms to lounge in and one looks out on the garden. The yard is beautifully landscaped with a pond and fountain where one can relax in the shade. The rooms are beautifully decorated and very clean. The beds are handmade treasures. The home sits on a green with wonderful old homes and is close to great walking trails and parks. The hosts were very helpful and friendly and made a delicious breakfast. I would definitely go back here.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank melisande_inc
Collingswood, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 August 2012

This was a real find for a midway stopping point, in our case from Maine to Philadelphia. Even for a single night, a welcome and restful spot. Hot tub, wine glasses, beautifully crafted and amazingly comfortable bed, delicious hot breakfast...at a rate that beat the local chains. We'd return anytime, for a stop or a longer stay. A lovely inn and thoughtful hosts.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Meriden, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I could not of asked for a better stay, the room I said in was the tree house suit and it just aww inspiering how much detail and love went into making that room. We had are own gas fireplace and also a real hot tub, not one of them jetted bathtubs you see in most places. I have stayed in the same room before but this time was different, I decided I wanted to propose to my girlfriend in our room. So I talked to the innkeeper about setting up candles and a stuffed animal where the ring was hiding under and also whatever else I would of liked to make the room romatic. So I was allowed to come up early in the day and bring the over 100 electic candles I had and the stuffed animal and the innkeepers were more then happy to set the room up for me. Well when I got there that nght with my girlfriend, I could not of believed what an amazing job they had done. Beyond anything I could of ask for. My girlfriend loved the room and was so happy when she realized the real reason we were there, but also how much care the innkeepers put in to making the room a perfect place for my proposel. All in all the inn is amazing place to stay and if you have not been there yet it is a must for anyone looking to get away for a romantic night or even just a nice realxing day away.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RobertV322
Chicago
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We recently enjoyed the Tree House Suite for three nights. I can't say enough good things about the experience. The room is peaceful, with a supremely comfortable King bed. We kept remarking on how quiet it all was, both in the room and surrounding the property.

Lovely breakfasts each morning (stuffed French toast, fresh fruit, eggs, etc.), great conversation with the owners. The location is ideal to the highway as well. We definitely plan to be back.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Janet B
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 7 March 2012

The Tolland Inn has both historic charm and modern day comforts. We stayed in the Pacific Suite which had a very comfortable bed, a hot tub for two, and a gas fireplace. It was both romantic and relaxing. Stephen and Susan were both very kind, and breakfast was delicious. Being that my fiancee and I are both UConn alumni, we usually have breakfast at a local restaurant, but opted not to because the Tolland Inn food far surpassed any breakfast we have had up there. If you are looking for a place to stay while visiting your child, attending UConn graduation, returning as an alumni, a romantic getaway, or just visiting that area, the Tolland Inn would be your best choice. - Jacqui & Rob (Visited Last Weekend of Feb 12')

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jacqui_Marie
Brookfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My boyfriend and I were looking for a romantic overnight escape... we found the Tolland Inn on-line and booked a night in the Tree House Suite... we loved it! The room was bright, clean, and beautifully decorated. The king-size bed was very comfortable (and hand-crafted by Steve, the owner). The hot tub was a special treat, as well as the very delicious home-made breakfast the next morning. We will definitely go back to the Tolland Inn again! Tracy & Chris

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tracy M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tolland
Nathan Hale Inn and Conference Center
Red Roof Inn Hartford - Vernon
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford-Manchester
Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester - Hartford CT
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Manchester
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester

Been to The Tolland Inn? Share your experiences!