“A wonderful rest and excellent hosts”
Review of The Tolland Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tolland
The Tolland Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Tolland B&B and Inns
Poulsbo, Washington
“A wonderful rest and excellent hosts”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I stayed at the Tolland Inn for two days while I was in town to attend my brother's wedding. Steve & Susan were excellent hosts, with fresh hot coffee very early in the morning, a very tasty breakfast of muffins, fruit, pancakes and quiche. My room was awesome #6, I especially loved having a big comfortable bed & a very large bathroom with a claw-foot tub. I learned that Steve hand makes all the bed frames in the inn and I did get a tour of some of the other rooms. Lots of historic charm, beautiful details and nooks to discover items of interest. The next time you're in Tolland or close - this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Room 6 is great for a couple - the bathroom was great. I also loved the Tree House Room and many of...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank LChambl9948

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 12 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for 5 says to visit Boston, Hartford, the Shore and UConn.
It the cutest inn I have ever been at; the rooms are beautiful, the service great, the food is homemade and delicious; they have a beautiful garden and it was a joy to stay there.
It is not super cheap, but has a great value for its price. From the inn, the Highway is super easily accessible, which is perfect for people like us who plan a lot of day trips. The only downside is that it is located right on Main Street, but there is no noise.
I'd highly recommend it!

• Stayed August 2012
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This is a great bed and breakfast. Our room was in perfect condition, was spacious (our bath was enormous) and it was full of character. The hosts are extremely pleasant to be with and were attentive to all our needs. Finally, the breakfast was excellent (especially the special home-made butter) and the fireplace can be very cozy in a cold winter night.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Somerville, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 January 2013

I've noticed a couple of other review from this same evening; my wife and I were driving back to Boston from NYC and made the mistake of driving through a blizzard. After seeing multiple vehicles spin off the road in front of us we ducked off of the highway at the first exit we found, which happened to be very close to this Inn. Several other guests were part of our "storm party" that evening, and I can't say enough about our host. She had wine and snacks for us, and in anticipation of the storm, had purchased food to prepare for all the guests that evening (at no charge). I've rarely encountered this kind of generosity at any type of Inn, hotel, etc. They're clearly very good at what they do, and we had a wonderful evening chatting with some new people and eating tasty food. I'm fairly certain the breakfast our hosts served the next day wasn't real; it was too large and too delicious. Clearly my nerves had frayed from the harrowing drive the night before and I was hallucinating.

Also, the room was absolutely wonderful (hot tub, fireplace, living area).

My wife and I will certainly make another trip to this inn (without being forced to by a storm). I can't recommend it enough.

Room Tip: Paying a bit more for the larger room with more amenities was well worth it; it's a great place...
1 Thank QwizatzHaderach
Boston
Reviewed 9 January 2013

We've stayed at the Tolland Inn several times and have always enjoyed it. It is a lovely bed and breakfast a short distance from Route 84, with a warm fire in the colder months and wonderful, welcoming owners, Susan and Steve. The rooms are individually decorated with some antiques and some gorgeous four-poster beds and other furniture that Steve makes. A few of the rooms have Jacuzzis in them (in separate rooms so you don't smell the chlorine), and at least one has a separate sitting room separated from the bedroom by a fireplace wall. Most rooms have gas fireplaces which provide some of the heat and lots of the ambiance. The full breakfasts that Susan and Steve provide are superb and plentiful.

On this occasion, the night of December 29, we were driving north from New Haven after visiting family there. It had started to snow about an hour before we left. By the time we got an hour from New Haven, the snowstorm was blinding, there was no sign of a snowplow and it was clear that it would take us many hours to get home, just north of Boston. I called the Tolland Inn and Susan told me that she had one room left that she would hold for us. By the time we arrived, about two hours later (it is normally a one-hour drive from NH), many cars had pulled or slid off the road and we very happy to have a place to stay. It turned out that Susan, anticipating the weather, had gone out and bought the ingredients for a "storm supper" which she and Steve prepared for their guests, although this is not part of what they usually offer. We had a terrific evening sitting around the table and talking with the other guest over a dinner of eggplant Parmesan, pasta, salad and wine. This was way above and beyond the call of duty.

While we were waiting for dinner, there were several parties who stopped looking for a room, but none were available. Susan tried to help them out by calling other hotels in the area and by telling which exits from the highway had the largest number of hotels and motels nearby.

Breakfast in the morning was delicious and genial. The sun was out and everything was covered with snow, except the roads which, we were thankful to see, had been plowed.

I'm sure that we would have found someplace to stay that night if the Tolland Inn had not had a room available but it couldn't have been as pleasant.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, it's just a matter of what size bed you want and which amenities (separa...
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 30 December 2012

We found the Tolland Inn by accident when we were forced to pull off the highway due to bad weather. What could have been a disaster instead turned into a lovely experience. The Inn is beautiful, comfortable, and quaint. The highlight was the incredibly hospitable owners, Susan and Steve, who made us a lovely dinner and breakfast. We hope to return for a planned stay in the future! We highly recommend the Tolland Inn.

Reviewed 23 November 2012

This was our fourth stay at The Tolland Inn. I surprised my wife for our fifth anniversary, with a night at this wonderful location. We had our pre honeymoon there 5 years ago. We have use this location for New Years parties and weekends as well.
Steven's attention to detail with his craftsmanship at the home is impeccable. He keeps the place clean as a whistle. He is also very attentive to any of your needs.
Susan is a very social host as well and is very welcoming. She makes you feel like you are right at home.
The Breakfast is a 10 out of 10. If you enjoy crispy Belgian waffles and perfectly done scrambled eggs, along with piping hot coffee and juice and fruit, you have stumbled upon the right place.
If you are in the area do not hesitate to use them instead of just some other hotel! I mean come on hot tubs and fireplaces!!!! Are you kidding me? This place is the best!

Thanks again guys for a wonderful weekend

• Stayed November 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tolland
Nathan Hale Inn and Conference Center
Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester - Hartford CT
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford-Manchester
Residence Inn Hartford Manchester
Red Roof Inn Hartford - Vernon
Americas Best Value Inn - Manchester

Been to The Tolland Inn? Share your experiences!