“Perfect suite for my wedding weekend- Incredible hosts!”
Review of The Tolland Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tolland
The Tolland Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Tolland B&B and Inns
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Perfect suite for my wedding weekend- Incredible hosts!”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I booked The Treehouse Suite at the Tolland Inn for my wedding weekend (night before wedding with bridesmaids and wedding night with husband) and could not be happier with the experience. The suite was gorgeous- complete with hot tub, double doors opening out to a view of the grounds, and the most comfortable bed I've ever encountered.

Upon arriving at the Inn our hosts, Steve and Susan went above and beyond to get us everything we needed during our stay-from old towels to make our flower bouquets on, to a wooden tree cake stand I desperately needed to complete my rustic cake display.

Breakfast both mornings was homemade and delicious, and included muffins, eggs, waffles and pancakes with honey butter or maple butter, juice, coffee, and fresh fruit.

The wrap around porch was divine day and night, and the grounds peaceful and immaculate.
Both Susan and Steve are very talented and you can see aspects of their creativity and dedication to the Inn throughout the house.

My husband and I plan on visiting on our anniversary, we loved the experience so much!
I can't say enough good things about The Tolland Inn!

Room Tip: The Treehouse suite it gorgeous, but we had friends stay in some of the smaller rooms and got a chan...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LisaAnn108

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Sharon, Vermont
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Wonderful place, with a lot of attention to detail. We stayed in Room #7, with the jacuzzi and a large, very comfortable sleigh bed. Breakfast is very good, and because it was a nice day, we sat outside by a small pond for a bit, reading the Sunday paper.

The town of Tolland itself has relatively little to offer (sleepy CT town) but as noted by other reviewers, this is quite near 84 and UConn in Storrs.

Highly recommended; we'd be happy to return.

Room Tip: As mentioned, we were in the jacuzzi room on the 2d floor--- great place; spacious, airy, good light...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Manhattan Beach, CA
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My wife and I just returned to California from a week at the Tolland Inn while in the area to visit friends. The owners/operators are always helpful, the breakfasts are always tasty, and the rooms are spotlessly clean. You park in a large gravel lot adjacent to the inn. Look into the adjoining field and you're likely to see bunnies, robins and squirrels. You know you're in a quiet, restful place when that happens. It's a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: Those who are elderly or infirm might want to stay in a room on the first floor. This is an old buil...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Ridgefield, CT
Reviewed 12 June 2013

My husband and I stayed at this inn for one night positioning ourselves closer to UCONN for an early morning meeting. It is the quintessential New England B&B where there has obviously been a lot of care. We stayed in the Nantucket room which was so named because Cindy grew up on Nantucket. It had an amazing hot tub attached in a separate room. We did not get a chance to use it but I bet it would be great if you did. The room has a flat screen TV and some robes, if you like. My only comment on this room is the bathroom. It is kind of small. Very tiny sink and shower stall. My husband and I are small so not a big deal. But if you were a bigger person perhaps ask for a larger bathroom, if that matters. Also, it would be nice if they updated the curtains. They are a sheer muslin and must have been measured by someone like myself, (ie I have a hard time even hemming pants and keeping a straight edge). Breakfast was nice and Steve was gracious enough to have breakfast earlier for us because we had to get to our meeting in the early morning.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Great B&B in Tolland, impeccably clean and nicely appointed with owner's hand made furniture. Tree House Room is my favorite but all rooms are great. If you are just passing through or visiting your UCONN student, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Poulsbo, Washington
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I stayed at the Tolland Inn for two days while I was in town to attend my brother's wedding. Steve & Susan were excellent hosts, with fresh hot coffee very early in the morning, a very tasty breakfast of muffins, fruit, pancakes and quiche. My room was awesome #6, I especially loved having a big comfortable bed & a very large bathroom with a claw-foot tub. I learned that Steve hand makes all the bed frames in the inn and I did get a tour of some of the other rooms. Lots of historic charm, beautiful details and nooks to discover items of interest. The next time you're in Tolland or close - this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Room 6 is great for a couple - the bathroom was great. I also loved the Tree House Room and many of...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank LChambl9948
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 12 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for 5 says to visit Boston, Hartford, the Shore and UConn.
It the cutest inn I have ever been at; the rooms are beautiful, the service great, the food is homemade and delicious; they have a beautiful garden and it was a joy to stay there.
It is not super cheap, but has a great value for its price. From the inn, the Highway is super easily accessible, which is perfect for people like us who plan a lot of day trips. The only downside is that it is located right on Main Street, but there is no noise.
I'd highly recommend it!

• Stayed August 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tolland
Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester - Hartford CT
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford-Manchester
Red Roof Inn Hartford - Vernon
Nathan Hale Inn and Conference Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Manchester
Courtyard Hartford Manchester

Been to The Tolland Inn? Share your experiences!