“Old World Charm with All the Amenities”
Review of The Tolland Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tolland
The Tolland Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Tolland B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This was our second visit to this beautiful B&B, as we have relatives in the area. We enjoyed our stay this time just as much as we did the first time. The inn is exquisite. It was built in the late 1700s and has been lovingly restored to its current immaculate, charming condition by its owners, Steve and Susan. It is fun to see how they have incorporated modern amenities while maintaining the historic building’s original charm. Steve designs and builds furniture. His beautiful pieces are throughout the house and help give this special place some of its character. The rooms are lovely and well appointed. The beds are very comfortable. Breakfast each morning is delicious, and it is lots of fun meeting other guests at the large dining table (also built by Steve). We will definitely stay here again when we return to the area and would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Tolland Inn

Reviewed 20 October 2013

My stay at the Tolland Inn was absolutely fantastic. The Inn is a wonderful historic B&B surrounded by the beauty and charm of Connecticut. It's conveniently located near the UCONN campus and only a short drive away from major highways. The owners, Susan and Steve, are friendly and personable, and make all of their guests feel welcome. And the breakfasts are delicious.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We decided to break up our trip to Maine by stopping in Connecticut for a night. By chance, we came across excellent reviews for The Tolland Inn, a bed and breakfast in Tolland, Connecticut. What a great find! The Inn is everything a good B&B should be-beautiful, with homey common areas, filled with antiques and other curiosities, unique, spacious guest rooms each with clean, private bath, a great breakfast each morning, and charming, accommodating staff members. This B&B is all that and more. For a peaceful, pleasant stay, this Inn is highly recommended.

Room Tip: The Treehouse Suite was in the back of the house, and very quiet with a view of the back lawn.
1  Thank mangiabene48
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I booked The Treehouse Suite at the Tolland Inn for my wedding weekend (night before wedding with bridesmaids and wedding night with husband) and could not be happier with the experience. The suite was gorgeous- complete with hot tub, double doors opening out to a view of the grounds, and the most comfortable bed I've ever encountered.

Upon arriving at the Inn our hosts, Steve and Susan went above and beyond to get us everything we needed during our stay-from old towels to make our flower bouquets on, to a wooden tree cake stand I desperately needed to complete my rustic cake display.

Breakfast both mornings was homemade and delicious, and included muffins, eggs, waffles and pancakes with honey butter or maple butter, juice, coffee, and fresh fruit.

The wrap around porch was divine day and night, and the grounds peaceful and immaculate.
Both Susan and Steve are very talented and you can see aspects of their creativity and dedication to the Inn throughout the house.

My husband and I plan on visiting on our anniversary, we loved the experience so much!
I can't say enough good things about The Tolland Inn!

Room Tip: The Treehouse suite it gorgeous, but we had friends stay in some of the smaller rooms and got a chan...
1  Thank LisaAnn108
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Wonderful place, with a lot of attention to detail. We stayed in Room #7, with the jacuzzi and a large, very comfortable sleigh bed. Breakfast is very good, and because it was a nice day, we sat outside by a small pond for a bit, reading the Sunday paper.

The town of Tolland itself has relatively little to offer (sleepy CT town) but as noted by other reviewers, this is quite near 84 and UConn in Storrs.

Highly recommended; we'd be happy to return.

Room Tip: As mentioned, we were in the jacuzzi room on the 2d floor--- great place; spacious, airy, good light...
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My wife and I just returned to California from a week at the Tolland Inn while in the area to visit friends. The owners/operators are always helpful, the breakfasts are always tasty, and the rooms are spotlessly clean. You park in a large gravel lot adjacent to the inn. Look into the adjoining field and you're likely to see bunnies, robins and squirrels. You know you're in a quiet, restful place when that happens. It's a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: Those who are elderly or infirm might want to stay in a room on the first floor. This is an old buil...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2013

My husband and I stayed at this inn for one night positioning ourselves closer to UCONN for an early morning meeting. It is the quintessential New England B&B where there has obviously been a lot of care. We stayed in the Nantucket room which was so named because Cindy grew up on Nantucket. It had an amazing hot tub attached in a separate room. We did not get a chance to use it but I bet it would be great if you did. The room has a flat screen TV and some robes, if you like. My only comment on this room is the bathroom. It is kind of small. Very tiny sink and shower stall. My husband and I are small so not a big deal. But if you were a bigger person perhaps ask for a larger bathroom, if that matters. Also, it would be nice if they updated the curtains. They are a sheer muslin and must have been measured by someone like myself, (ie I have a hard time even hemming pants and keeping a straight edge). Breakfast was nice and Steve was gracious enough to have breakfast earlier for us because we had to get to our meeting in the early morning.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tolland
Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester - Hartford CT
Red Roof Inn Vernon - Hartford
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford-Manchester
Nathan Hale Inn and Conference Center
Americas Best Value Inn - Manchester
Courtyard Hartford Manchester
Courtyard Hartford Manchester
#4 of 10 in Manchester

Been to The Tolland Inn? Share your experiences!