“Disappointing”
Review of Marilyn's Restaurant - CLOSED

Marilyn's Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Any deviation throws the owner into a pissy tailspin. She is not customer focused. Food was a mess and nothing like the original owner's food. There are also dirty antiques on each table, at least take the dirt off the antique before putting them out.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

My husband and I were on a day trip to the area and found Marilyn's restaurant on the internet. Based on the reviews we chose to stop by. We found the restaurant after driving by only once(listen to the driving instructions on line!). It's in a little building shared with a power equipment company. It was exactly what we were looking for: a little funky, out of the way place with local flavor. The staff was wonderful. We chose to eat inside at one of the tables. Menu was extensive. I had the turkey, mozzarella and tomato with herb mayo. I was a little disappointed that the turkey was "deli meat" and not fresh turkey, I guess because they also had a turkey, cranberry, stuffing sandwich on the menu I assumed I was going to get fresh turkey. My husband devoured his reuben. We certainly will return and try other selections.

Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

First have been here for lunch and had the turkey mozzarella tomato with herb mayo panini it was a winner...so naturally had to come for breakfast again a winner had a omelet that was fantastic with hash browns and toast. The service is quick and pleasant,also have a bunch of fresh made bakery items available and many choices of Hosmer beverages made right here in Connecticut!!....So if you are in the area this is a must stop and get a great breakfast or lunch!!

1  Thank Ronald D
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This place is just down the street from one of our corporate clients. The owner is obviously a Marilyn Monroe fan. It has quite the selection of fresh panini's and wraps (believe you can get salads too). I stopped in today for a turkey, mozzarella, and tomato with herb mayo.....warmed and toasted to perfection. The service is always pleasant and quick as they can be. If you need something for lunch and are in the area - Marilyn's has my vote as a good healthy choice.