“An amazing stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Torrington
The Inn At Mount Pleasant Farm
Ranked #1 of 2 Torrington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 November 2012

An amazing stay. Bob and Maggie were great hosts who had one concern in mind, our comfort. The beautifully redone rooms with private bathroom was superb. The spacious homey kitchen served us and our friends well and the campfire was magical under the star filled night. We actually saw a shooting star!

Our two dogs were welcomed just as we were, like we were all family. This is truly a special destination. I highly recommend the inn at mount pleasant!

Room Tip: We were able to see each room. They were all beautiful. Each has private bath and a few had small ro...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 5 November 2012

A friend and I were planning to stay for 3 nights. The room was fine. When we went down for breakfast, the host was holding forth in front of the coffee pot and did not offer to have us sit down or offer us anything. He was very impressed with himself, the inn and the location. Two other guests were listening to him talk about his contribution to the Torrington community. Because "breakfast" consisted of boxed cereal, we decided to skip this meal.

The most disturbing thing about our stay was that the innkeeper had agreed to lower the room rate for a 3 day stay. When we asked for confirmation, he said that he was very casual and that we could give him cash or a check when we checked in. He was not there when we arrived so we planned to give him a check for the negotiated rate at "breakfast". He gave my friend his bill which was $90 over the negotiated rate. We gave him another check and then later checked our notes that confirmed the lower amount. When we questioned the difference he said that he made a mistake and showed us his ledger with the original amount on the right side and the negotiated amount on the left. We would have thought that this was an honest mistake if he had checked when we questioned the amount in the first place, but this was not the case. Another guest was also upset because he was charged more than expected. He was told his rate was higher because he was in a better room than originally planned. From now on we will insist on written confirmation of the rate in advance.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lyn A
rabomber, Owner at The Inn At Mount Pleasant Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

UNDERSTAND THE RAVE REVIEWS!

I was very surprised to see the last review “Don’t understand the rave reviews” which was dated November 5, 2012. The number one goal at The Inn at Mount Pleasant is to provide a relaxed, comfortable, exclusive environment for all travelers from around the world. You will see in past reviews that I expect the guests to treat this beautiful farmhouse and property as their own home while they are here. Conversations with guests occur quite frequently about the history of the farm and the farmhouse and it is my pleasures to share information with them. New friendships are created in this process. Although the comments in her review were personally insulting to me, I realized that this guest was probably unaware of what to expect from a bed and breakfast experience.

To clarify, the continental breakfast that day consisted of juices, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, English muffins, toast, yogurt, seasonal fruit, and various cereals. These items are put out in the morning so the guests can help themselves on their own schedule. It is not “served” as in a restaurant.

Also, there was no “mistake” in the room rate. This guest was just unhappy that she was expected to pay the room tax. The first two nights were $180 per night and the third night was discounted to $90. Upon their arrival I upgraded them to a more expensive suite at no extra charge. The next morning they gave me a check for $450. I told them that there is an additional amount which was the 15% CT room tax. A second check was written for that tax, A short time later they said that wanted to leave (no reason was given) and I returned the two checks. They paid for the one night with a new check for $150 without the 15% room tax. Aside from giving them the room at a great rate, I did not keep any of their money as a forfeited deposit even though they cancelled the other two weekend nights at the last minute. I do not know of any other B&B that would do that. This guest did not understand that it is not my decision to charge room tax-I have to pay it.

Reviewed 16 September 2012

Bob is a gracious hostess, the property is glorious, and our weekend stay was everything one hopes for in a restful, relaxing, peaceful getaway. At Bob's suggestion when we made the reservation, we brought along Nelli, our 13 year old dog. She thought she had truly died and gone to heaven. We were inclined to agree. The views are uplifting, the hike down to Nickel Creek fun and lovely, and the nightsky breathtaking. We highly recommend The Inn at Mount Pleasant Farm!

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong - all 4 rooms are tastefully restored and lovely.
Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eun2012
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I'm not talking about those awesome cookies that were popular in the '80's. I'm taking about the feeling we got immediately upon arriving at Bob and Maggie's incredibly charming restored farmhouse that is the Inn at Mt. Pleasant. We felt immediately welcome and were instructed to treat this pearl of an inn located on sprawling acreage as we would our homes. After getting ourselves settled in our beautiful room, we returned downstairs and were offered "wine, beer, whatever's here" (I believe that was what Bob told us anyway!). The atmosphere was as comfortable as being in a close relative's home and, as a result, we decided to forego our plans to explore Torrington and opted instead to just spend the afternoon at the inn (why would we leave!!!??). After a relaxing afternoon where we were treated to a tour of the inn's historical grounds and barn, we were invited to a delicious dinner which included, among other delectable foods, locally grown fresh vegetables. After dinner, Bob created a fire and we just chatted the evening away. All in all, it was an experience that was far beyond our expectations. I would highly recommend the Inn at Mount Pleasant to anyone who was looking for a getaway that's close to home but makes you feel as if you're far away from any of life's cares. Thanks, Bob and Maggie!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Adam C
Reviewed 2 September 2012

My husband and I were happily surprised to be greeted with amazing hospitality: a camp fire, an offer of wine and beer, and the opportunity to relax and enjoy the beauty of a summer night in the quiet countryside. The Inn at Mt. Pleasant Farm is a beautifully restored farmhouse. The accomodations were very clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the selection of fresh fruits, breads and cereals for breakfast and then explored a little around the gorgeous, historical property. We definitely look forward to staying at Bob's Inn at Mt. Pleasant Farm in the future! A great choice!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YHMSGH
Reviewed 16 July 2012

My husband and I along with our Daughters and Son-in-Laws enjoyed a wonderful weekend with family and relaxing with Bob and Maggie in this beautifully restored farm house. It overlooks a large meadow and lots of trees. The sunsets were picture perfect and followed with story telling around a campfire. We had a visit from two deer and enjoyed chasing firefly's. The rooms are large and spacious and beautifully decorated. Breakfast was a pleasant experience around the country kitchen table. It was a wonderful relaxed atmosphere, enjoyed by all of us.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathy M
Reviewed 8 July 2012

This Inn is somewhat different from what one might expect, and definitely for the better. It is short on glitz and very large on comfort and serenity. Bob, the innkeeper has done an amazing job renovating his farmhouse; maintaining its history through the physical remnants that could be used, while allowing for clean, modern comforts. The locale is nothing less than breathtaking in its simplicity and possesses a warmth for all who allow it to envelop them. Perhaps the warmth stems from Bob's love and appreciation for his surroundings. His newfound calm rubs off. We are so fortunate to be the recipient of his joy in sharing this small piece of paradise. Much thanks to you Bob and Maggie. We just love the Inn at Mt Pleasant! Susan & Mel

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Been to The Inn At Mount Pleasant Farm? Share your experiences!