“Our new home away from home!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Torrington
The Inn At Mount Pleasant Farm
Ranked #1 of 2 Torrington B&B and Inns
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Our new home away from home!”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I purchased tickets to a show at the Warner Theater in Torrington, CT. I had never heard of Torrington in my life. I love all things B&B and so I googled B&B's in Torrington and the Inn at Mount Pleasant popped up. The pictures looked great and I had a great conversation with Bob, the owner.

Well, let me say that I was more than pleased when I arrived. Bob and his lovely companion Maggie were able to redirect us by phone after getting a little lost. The love and warmth at this place is amazing. Even though we arrived late, we were able to relax by the fire and enjoy good company and great conversation. They want every guest to feel at home and that mission was accomplished. I love the laid back philosophy here. If you want to use the kitchen, use it. If you need to wash come clothes, wash them. If you want to sit in the common area and chat, go for it. If you want to sleep in until 11:30am, that's fine too.

The Inn at Mount Pleasant is a hop, skip, and a jump to other local attractions. But the view of this place will leave you breathless. You will be tempted to sit on the porch and sip a cup of coffee while you think, dream, write, vision, or pray. Every morning I felt like I was drinking a cup of peace.

There is love in this place. And that is priceless. I have found my new home away from home.

Room Tip: Ask for the 3rd floor suite or the Nickel Brook Room.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank AishaBrooksLytle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Ridgefield, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Over a year ago, I came across The Inn at Mount Pleasant on Google when we were looking for a place to throw our wedding at. We emailed the Inn Keeper Bob, and his response was, "Come, stay the night for free, the place will sell itself!" We came two weeks later, we got the whole history of the farm land, house, and barn from Bob as he gave us a tour of the property and adjoining properties. Bob is one of a kind! We truly enjoyed his passion for the property and we fell in love with the place. Not to mention they are dog friendly!

As you walk through the farm house, you notice the details. The beautiful wood floors, the views from every window, the charm of the staircase and stained glass details. But when you get into the rooms you are met with serenity. This is a modern take on the charming B&B which we loved. (many of the other B&Bs that we looked at had doilies and lace, and victorian style stuff everywhere, which is just not our cup of tea!). The beds are comfortable, there are ACs, TV and nice bathrooms in every room.

Since that one weekend we have been back several times to stay the weekend, and plan the wedding. June 1, 2013 was our wedding and it couldn't have been better. Maggie & Bob were supreme when it came to accommodating me, my now husband, and all of our guests. We took over their whole property for the weekend. It provided the ultimate back drop to our special day. We got married in the barn, and had the reception under a tent in the yard. I mean it when I say every photo turned out beautiful even the ones taken with cell phones!

Maggie was running around helping with catering, and flowers, and making sure I didn't trip down the stairs in my dress, and Bob was making small ramps for the safety of the barn, and manicuring the lawn for us.

Pixel our dog had a blast racing through the fields, and streams coming up for water every half hour or so. We are happy when our pup is happy!

Try to stop by Infinity Hall in Litchfield for dinner one night (and maybe even a concert if you can work it out), and Pizzeria Marzano for a taste of authentic Naples, Italy pizza.

Long story short we plan to return to the Inn every year on our anniversary and any old weekend in between when we just need a getaway.

Room Tip: The Nickel Brook Room is my favorite, the view is gorgeous, and I keep the blinds open at night so I...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 December 2012

I have stayed here twice so far and intend to stay here at least two more times in the next six months when coming for work trips to Torrington. What a great find! The common space with its wall of windows is lovely. I love the room I stay in, the John Brown room - the view, the dressing room, comfy bed, individual heat control, nicely decorated. In the summer, it is dreamy to sit out on the back porch with a glass of wine, In the winter, there's a nice gas fireplace. It fees like you're staying at a friend's country house. If you have any special requests, just ask and Bob is very accomodating.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank bestfriendtome
Poughkeepsie, New York
Reviewed 19 November 2012

The Inn at Mount Pleasant Farm is absolutely awesome. My wife and I stayed this past weekend and had a fantastic time. It's an off-season for a vacation, but our hosts Bob and Maggie made it a great time. It was a chilly night and Bob had a wonderful fire burning in the fire pit by sundown that we ended up spending most of the night around.

I'm always nervous staying at Inn's when your not sure what you'll get, but this place has been totally overhauled and the rooms were all redone (including bathrooms), super comfy beds and linens. Coming from southern New York it was a nice departure for a weekend of peace and quiet.

My only complaint was that the weekend went too fast! Would of loved to stay a few nights!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Justin V
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 November 2012

An amazing stay. Bob and Maggie were great hosts who had one concern in mind, our comfort. The beautifully redone rooms with private bathroom was superb. The spacious homey kitchen served us and our friends well and the campfire was magical under the star filled night. We actually saw a shooting star!

Our two dogs were welcomed just as we were, like we were all family. This is truly a special destination. I highly recommend the inn at mount pleasant!

Room Tip: We were able to see each room. They were all beautiful. Each has private bath and a few had small ro...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2012

A friend and I were planning to stay for 3 nights. The room was fine. When we went down for breakfast, the host was holding forth in front of the coffee pot and did not offer to have us sit down or offer us anything. He was very impressed with himself, the inn and the location. Two other guests were listening to him talk about his contribution to the Torrington community. Because "breakfast" consisted of boxed cereal, we decided to skip this meal.

The most disturbing thing about our stay was that the innkeeper had agreed to lower the room rate for a 3 day stay. When we asked for confirmation, he said that he was very casual and that we could give him cash or a check when we checked in. He was not there when we arrived so we planned to give him a check for the negotiated rate at "breakfast". He gave my friend his bill which was $90 over the negotiated rate. We gave him another check and then later checked our notes that confirmed the lower amount. When we questioned the difference he said that he made a mistake and showed us his ledger with the original amount on the right side and the negotiated amount on the left. We would have thought that this was an honest mistake if he had checked when we questioned the amount in the first place, but this was not the case. Another guest was also upset because he was charged more than expected. He was told his rate was higher because he was in a better room than originally planned. From now on we will insist on written confirmation of the rate in advance.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lyn A
rabomber, Owner at The Inn At Mount Pleasant Farm, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
UNDERSTAND THE RAVE REVIEWS!

I was very surprised to see the last review “Don’t understand the rave reviews” which was dated November 5, 2012. The number one goal at The Inn at Mount Pleasant is to provide a relaxed, comfortable, exclusive environment for all travelers from around the world. You will see in past reviews that I expect the guests to treat this beautiful farmhouse and property as their own home while they are here. Conversations with guests occur quite frequently about the history of the farm and the farmhouse and it is my pleasures to share information with them. New friendships are created in this process. Although the comments in her review were personally insulting to me, I realized that this guest was probably unaware of what to expect from a bed and breakfast experience.

To clarify, the continental breakfast that day consisted of juices, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, English muffins, toast, yogurt, seasonal fruit, and various cereals. These items are put out in the morning so the guests can help themselves on their own schedule. It is not “served” as in a restaurant.

Also, there was no “mistake” in the room rate. This guest was just unhappy that she was expected to pay the room tax. The first two nights were $180 per night and the third night was discounted to $90. Upon their arrival I upgraded them to a more expensive suite at no extra charge. The next morning they gave me a check for $450. I told them that there is an additional amount which was the 15% CT room tax. A second check was written for that tax, A short time later they said that wanted to leave (no reason was given) and I returned the two checks. They paid for the one night with a new check for $150 without the 15% room tax. Aside from giving them the room at a great rate, I did not keep any of their money as a forfeited deposit even though they cancelled the other two weekend nights at the last minute. I do not know of any other B&B that would do that. This guest did not understand that it is not my decision to charge room tax-I have to pay it.
Enfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Bob is a gracious hostess, the property is glorious, and our weekend stay was everything one hopes for in a restful, relaxing, peaceful getaway. At Bob's suggestion when we made the reservation, we brought along Nelli, our 13 year old dog. She thought she had truly died and gone to heaven. We were inclined to agree. The views are uplifting, the hike down to Nickel Creek fun and lovely, and the nightsky breathtaking. We highly recommend The Inn at Mount Pleasant Farm!

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong - all 4 rooms are tastefully restored and lovely.
Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eun2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrington
BW Premier Collection The Litchfield Inn
#1 of 4 in Norfolk
Chapin Park Bed and Breakfast
Chapin Park Bed and Breakfast
#1 of 1 in New Hartford

Been to The Inn At Mount Pleasant Farm? Share your experiences!