“Outstanding in every respect!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Torrington
The Inn At Mount Pleasant Farm
Ranked #1 of 2 Torrington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 August 2013

My wife and I stayed there for two nights this past weekend. It was probably one of the most relaxing stays I have had in a B & B. Beautiful rooms, well appointed. Bob and Maggie were perfect hosts - friendly and engaging without being intrusive. They obviously have a passion for the property that is reflected in the details of the place. Many nice touches like fresh fruit all day and complementary wine and other beverages.

Surrounding area has many excellent restaurants (shout out to the Village Restaurant in Litchfield and Infinity Music Hall and Bistro in Norfolk.)

We will be back!

Room Tip: Try the top floor room, 3 flights up, but beautiful, and the view is outstanding.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jumpdad

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Bob and Maggie are wonderful. The rooms are excellent. The property is peaceful. The environment is welcoming and casual. Informal breakfast, barn and creek to explore, and relaxing fire at night all make for a great experience. I loved the casual breakfast set up because I don’t like to start the day while on vacation being told what time I have to be up and presentable for breakfast. We loved this place. We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a couple nights with my two young daughters. Beautiful location, clean and cozy rooms, warm and welcoming host and hostess. A great place to relax and unwind and leave the background noise of a busy life behind. Barn is rich with history and a great building to explore. My daughters loved hunting for hickory nuts from the old beautiful hickory tree-pieces of which are used for bonfire cookouts at night. Just a lovely place.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Yuki C
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I stayed for 2 nights with my daughter- Bob and Maggie went out of their way to make us at home - the house is welcoming, clean and very interesting with amazing views. Bob is rightly proud of his renovation. We took a walk down to the creek - not far and very beautiful. A very special thank you to Bob from me.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I purchased tickets to a show at the Warner Theater in Torrington, CT. I had never heard of Torrington in my life. I love all things B&B and so I googled B&B's in Torrington and the Inn at Mount Pleasant popped up. The pictures looked great and I had a great conversation with Bob, the owner.

Well, let me say that I was more than pleased when I arrived. Bob and his lovely companion Maggie were able to redirect us by phone after getting a little lost. The love and warmth at this place is amazing. Even though we arrived late, we were able to relax by the fire and enjoy good company and great conversation. They want every guest to feel at home and that mission was accomplished. I love the laid back philosophy here. If you want to use the kitchen, use it. If you need to wash come clothes, wash them. If you want to sit in the common area and chat, go for it. If you want to sleep in until 11:30am, that's fine too.

The Inn at Mount Pleasant is a hop, skip, and a jump to other local attractions. But the view of this place will leave you breathless. You will be tempted to sit on the porch and sip a cup of coffee while you think, dream, write, vision, or pray. Every morning I felt like I was drinking a cup of peace.

There is love in this place. And that is priceless. I have found my new home away from home.

Room Tip: Ask for the 3rd floor suite or the Nickel Brook Room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AishaBrooksLytle
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Over a year ago, I came across The Inn at Mount Pleasant on Google when we were looking for a place to throw our wedding at. We emailed the Inn Keeper Bob, and his response was, "Come, stay the night for free, the place will sell itself!" We came two weeks later, we got the whole history of the farm land, house, and barn from Bob as he gave us a tour of the property and adjoining properties. Bob is one of a kind! We truly enjoyed his passion for the property and we fell in love with the place. Not to mention they are dog friendly!

As you walk through the farm house, you notice the details. The beautiful wood floors, the views from every window, the charm of the staircase and stained glass details. But when you get into the rooms you are met with serenity. This is a modern take on the charming B&B which we loved. (many of the other B&Bs that we looked at had doilies and lace, and victorian style stuff everywhere, which is just not our cup of tea!). The beds are comfortable, there are ACs, TV and nice bathrooms in every room.

Since that one weekend we have been back several times to stay the weekend, and plan the wedding. June 1, 2013 was our wedding and it couldn't have been better. Maggie & Bob were supreme when it came to accommodating me, my now husband, and all of our guests. We took over their whole property for the weekend. It provided the ultimate back drop to our special day. We got married in the barn, and had the reception under a tent in the yard. I mean it when I say every photo turned out beautiful even the ones taken with cell phones!

Maggie was running around helping with catering, and flowers, and making sure I didn't trip down the stairs in my dress, and Bob was making small ramps for the safety of the barn, and manicuring the lawn for us.

Pixel our dog had a blast racing through the fields, and streams coming up for water every half hour or so. We are happy when our pup is happy!

Try to stop by Infinity Hall in Litchfield for dinner one night (and maybe even a concert if you can work it out), and Pizzeria Marzano for a taste of authentic Naples, Italy pizza.

Long story short we plan to return to the Inn every year on our anniversary and any old weekend in between when we just need a getaway.

Room Tip: The Nickel Brook Room is my favorite, the view is gorgeous, and I keep the blinds open at night so I...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2012

I have stayed here twice so far and intend to stay here at least two more times in the next six months when coming for work trips to Torrington. What a great find! The common space with its wall of windows is lovely. I love the room I stay in, the John Brown room - the view, the dressing room, comfy bed, individual heat control, nicely decorated. In the summer, it is dreamy to sit out on the back porch with a glass of wine, In the winter, there's a nice gas fireplace. It fees like you're staying at a friend's country house. If you have any special requests, just ask and Bob is very accomodating.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank bestfriendtome
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrington
The Litchfield Inn, BW Premier Collection
#2 of 3 in Torrington
Blackberry River Inn
Blackberry River Inn
#1 of 3 in Norfolk

Been to The Inn At Mount Pleasant Farm? Share your experiences!