“Wonderful service, great food.”
Review of Backstage

Backstage
Reserve with OpenTable
Backstage is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 128 Restaurants in Torrington
Price range: US$14 - US$27
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: City Hall Avenue
Description: Backstage, located next to the Warner Theatre in downtown Torrington, serves casual American food from its full "all-day" menu, prepared fresh from scratch. Service begins daily at 11:30am, and the kitchen stays open late on performance evenings for after-theatre dining. Select from crisp salads and hot soups, creative Small Plates, Perfect Burgers of hand formed Angus patties on house-baked rolls, popular sandwiches, and Big Plate comfort favorites. House-made desserts are a specialty. The antique mahogany bar soars 14 feet above the trendy zinc counter, and presides over northwest Connecticut's largest offering of craft-brewed beers. 24 brands are available on tap, with the bottle selection at more than 70. The well-rounded wine list is popularly priced, with several wines offered by the glass. Customer service is a passion at Backstage. Servers and bartenders serve up our unique "Awesome Customer Service," and management is visibly present during all meals.
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I went to backstage after seeing a musical today. I was pleasantly surprised at how accommodating they were to my needs. The server was wonderful and attentive, we were seated right away as well. I had the Cobb salad with lobster and my daughter had cheeseburger that looked fantastic.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We have eaten at the backstage a few times while going to see a play at the Warner. Their burgers are really good. Large fresh ground beef and cooked well. My wife had the fish and chips on one visit nd it was presented hot crisp batter and fresh. The mac and cheese is served up nice hot and just the right dried crisp top. Drink prices are average and they have pages of beers to choose from. After dinner you just walk through the back door of the restaurant and you’re in the lobby of the theatre. Only downfall it is extremely loud in the DR and bar. If there is a Husky game on in the bar forget about having a conversation at your table. Always Chefnfly

Reviewed 16 July 2014

a very nice looking bar, located right next to warner in the city center. drinks are good and staff friendly, manager definitely knows how to hire.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

My out of town family & I dined on Monday night. Although I'm from the area it was my first time dining here. I was beyond surprised and excited with the menu selections! It took my party about 20 minutes to decide! Laura our server, was one the best servers we have ever had (we dine out a lot)! She was very patient and knowledgeable with our questions about the menu and made excellent suggestions about modifications to meet our tastes! Not once did we have to ask for drink refills or anything for that matter!! The restaurant was busy, we never felt rushed to place an order or to hurry from our table. We will be returning and would love to have Laura as our server!!!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I had the pleasure to dine at Backstage on 7-3-14 and the restaurant and bar area were completely packed. Everyone was having a great time. They have 40 beers on tap and all were U.S. brewed. My favorate was City Steam Naughty Nurse. My wife had a variety as she always does. The apps were delicious and service was very good. The Managers always stop by to see how everything is. If you are in Torrington please go. You will be pleased.