“Hidden Gem”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Got tickets to see a show at the Warner Theater in Torrington and wanted to go to dinner before the show. Just happened to get a reservation at Bogeys Restaurant, located in the Yankee Peddler Inn, which is almost directly across the street from the theater.

We did not know what to expect, so when we entered Bogeys from the Main Street entrance, we were pleasantly surprised. Our dinner reservation was in the pub area--which we are so thankful for. Bogeys is steeped in character. From the post-and-beam ceilings to the old pictures, we were delighted with the feeling. Then came the food. We were expecting pub fare--and got fine-dining. Our appetizer of calamari was in the top five ever--served with two sauces--and unbelievable tasty. Cooked to perfection. We were a party of three, and we each tried something different. And we were all extremely pleased.

Never having eaten in Torrington--I do not think we will eat anywhere but Bogeys whenever we are in town. If you want fine-dining at pub prices, love atmosphere, then Bogeys is the place for you. I know it is the place for us!

• Visited May 2014

Torrington, Connecticut, United States
“Fun night on Thanksgiving Eve”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Excellent food and atmosphere.....pricing is reasonable. Beautiful fire place in the dining room. An excellent band after dinner.

Visited November 2013
“Surprisingly delicious ”
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

Ordered the chicken piccata - excellent! My wife had the seafood alavodka - excellent!!!!!

Great place - $59 for two + my big tip!!

Thank goodness the Warner theater had nothing going on or we would not have had a chance to try this place!

Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
“Poor service”
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

I made reservations for 2 at 6:00 so we could go see a 7:30 show at the Warner Theater across the street. They sat us in the bar section on stools and not at a table. The place was so noisy. I had to get up at least 3 times to ask someone to serve us. Finally at 7:00 I told them if we did not have our dinner by 7:10 we would have to leave. It came at 7:10. I had asked for two vegetables and they gave me a vegetable and potato which I can't eat. The two meals we ordered were delicious. Too bad the service was so bad.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank CorinneOIB
Winsted, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We have eaten here several times now. The atmosphere in the pub is nice. Service is good overall but on and off. The dipping sauce and entrees are excellent. We are disappointed in the soup choice which always seems to remain the same as we did have an excellent lobster bisque here a while back which they never had again. The entrees are a little pricey for a pub. The pub menu has very good food, especially the wraps which are flavorful and reasonably priced.

Visited July 2013