“Made my skin crawl”

Royal Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Torrington
“Made my skin crawl”
Reviewed 28 August 2011

I was excited to find a hotel with a reasonably priced room but when we got there it was horrible. There was an old booze hound sitting on the front stup and then there was no one manning the front desk, u had to ring a bell. That's when the drunk front desk clerk can to the bullet proof glass window and asked what we needed. I told him we were checking in formthe week( I had called in advance but he did not remember). He grabbed a set of master keys from the desk and said he would show us the room. My husband is 6'4 and 290lbs I am on the heavy side myself he showed us a full size bed and said this great room maybe he didn't notice the band of bugs hovering over the bed. I asked him if the bugs came with the room or if they cost extra he said "I spray I spray". I asked him if there was another room. He showed us a room with multiple large stains on the walls. My husband and I could not stand any more so we said to cancel the reservation and we left.

• Stayed June 2011
3 Thank Kitty1012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
New Haven, CT
Reviewed 25 July 2011

This hotel looks more like an apartment than a hotel. The desk is not staffed full time. Instead, you have to ring a bell or call. There was no phone or clock in my room. The sound did not work on the TV. The room smelled of smoke, even though the door to the building has a non-smoking sign. My sheets had an old burn hole from the smoke. There was mold on the walls. The bed had a cheap mattress that was comfortable enough. There was only one small lamp in the main part of the room, in addition to overhead lights in the entryway. The room was quiet enough and the area is safe. I called ahead to say I would be arriving around midnight and when I got to the room, the window was open, letting in hot, humid outside air. It took about an hour of running the A/C full blast to get the room to a comfortable temperature and humidity. There's no pool or fitness center, so I checked "Not sure" for those boxes below. There was a microwave and small refrigerator (unplugged) in the room.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank OccasionalTraveler92

Travellers are raving about these Torrington hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrington
BW Premier Collection The Litchfield Inn
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut
Grace Mayflower Inn and Spa
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Southington
White Hart Inn
White Hart Inn
#1 of 1 in Salisbury

Been to Royal Inn? Share your experiences!