“Great Breakfasts and Lunches”

Rick's Nutmeg Grille
Ranked #75 of 123 Restaurants in Torrington
Upper Arlington, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Breakfasts and Lunches”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This year I've traveled as far north as New Hampshire,as far south as Florida,and as far west as Arizona,but I have to say that the two breakfasts that I had at the Nutmeg Grille were the best.The biggest challenge was deciding what to order since there were so many tempting selections on the menu.The first day I ordered the salmon omlet.The portions of the eggs as well as the pototoes were generous and my meal was outstanding.Had I not been totally satiated with every morsel of my breakfast,the lunch menu with several homemade soups was very interesting
There was no doubt that I would be back the next day for breakfast again.This time I ordered the pumpkin pancakes.This was served as a stack of very large pancakes. They were excellent.
The staff was very friendly and helpful.Service was fast and attentive.The restaurant was clean,bright,and cheerful.Keep up the good work.
My hat goes off to the chef for a job well done!

1 Thank Rhona F

Woodbury, Connecticut
“Would not Recommend”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I was very unhappy with portion considering the prices and it was dirty in there. The waitresses reminded me of rednecks from down south, except far from friendly. This would explain why we were the only people in the place.

Cornwall Bridge, Connecticut, USA
“Reliably Good”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Great breakfasts and lunches, homemade soups and dressings, friendly servers: what more do you want?

Visited October 2013
1 Thank NWDiner999
Lady Lake, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't miss this place!!!”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We were in town from out-of-state for 3 days. The first night, we asked a bartender to suggest a good breakfast spot. Without hesitation she gave us an enthusiastic, "Nutmeg Grille!"

Long story short, we ate breakfast there the next two mornings. It's a cozy, quiet place, and clean as a whistle. The service was excellent. And OMG!!! The two best down-home breakfast meals we've had in years. And more than you can eat (although it was so delicious, we did our best). I ordered the eggs and Italian sausage with potatoes and toast, and my husband had the ham and eggs with potatoes and toast. The eggs and meat selections were cooked to perfection, potatoes were home-style, the toast was of high quality bread, portions were more than generous, and presentation was beautiful. I only wish we'd taken pictures. You really need to try this restaurant...a bright spot in Torrington. No wonder it's been there for 13 years. Wow!

1 Thank justusbugs
Montreal, Canada
“Nice breakfest”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We where looking for a breakfast place during our vacation there and found this place with TripAdvisor and just like the comment it's great.

The staff was friendly, the pancake awesome.

We even return on your second day didn't want to try something else after discovering this place.

• Visited October 2012