“Wonderful experience”

Ranked #4 of 5 Dessert in Torrington
CT
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We knew exactly where we were getting the cake for our daughter's wedding. The bride wanted simple, elegant with a little bling and that's what she got. We ordered a cherry flavored cake which was a great choice. Other friends have ordered cakes from Cakes Unlimited for various occasions & we have bought cupcakes many times. **Please note that this is NOT a full time bakery.** You can contact them by phone or on their webpage. They're also on Facebook.They take orders, you can fill out your order on their webpage or stop in when they are open. Best bet if you want something special - make an appointment. The owner will sit down with you to discuss what you want. For obvious reasons, they need plenty of lead time, typically a week to two weeks ahead of time, possibly more for a wedding type cake. For your basic cake, you can go to Big Y as styx-stones said. Their cakes are good, and great for a basic party. I've bought them many times. If you want something a little more special, or other flavors besides vanilla, chocolate or marble, go to Cakes Unlimited. Just go ahead of time. You won't be sorry. If you wait till the last minute you'll have to be satisfied with a ready made cake from some bakery case, no matter where you go.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank RaggedyAndy

Litchfield, Connecticut
“Not so good”
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Whoever we talked with was very rude, unhelpful and made it clear she did not want our business. I would go to Big Y over ever going back to Cakes Unlimited. I will no longer deal with a business that treats me like this.

• Visited September 2012
thebaseballmom2010, Owner at Cakes Unlimited, responded to this review, 20 September 2012
This reviewer stopped in while we were closed, and tried to order last a minute cake. Although there are times when we can accommodate last minute orders, unfortunately we were completely booked. I was never rude, only answered their question regarding the order. We are NOT a retail bakery, but a custom cake studio. I do need at least 7-10 days notice for custom orders.
New Hartford, Ct
“Best cakes ever!!”
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Cakes Unlimited has been our family's bakery of choice for many years - Lisa (owner) is always so accommodating, making suggestions, her cakes are moist, flavorful, beautifully decorated. Her "Cakes Unlimited" frosting is wonderful, light, fluffy, not too sweet. I only wish there were more occasions to order for!

• Visited August 2012
4 Thank Wendy S
Torrington, Connecticut
“Delicious cakes”
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We order regularly at our office for everyones Birthdays and the cakes are delicious!!!

Visited September 2011
3 Thank Michelle M
Litchfield, CT
“Amazing Cakes!”
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Amazing Cakes! That's all I can say!! Purchased my daughters 21st birthday cake here and they did a really great job! I have recommended them to everyone I meet who needs a cake.

3 Thank beccacc31