“Staff very accommodating!”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Torrington
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Warren and Curtis very helpful and friendly! Rooms drastically in need of updating and maintenance. Location good. Near grocery and many food options. Breakfast great and the breakfast staff very nice and helpful!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Nikmack
Qinnttorrington, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2014

To Whom it may concern,

Thank you fot taking time to complete our onlione survey regarding you recent stay at our hotel.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for stayinh with the Quality Inn Torrington, CT. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to tell the staff what a wonderful job they are doing.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Older hotel but room was clean, well stocked with toiletries & towels. Located within walking distance of some good restaurants. Stayed 2 nights & Warren, the General Manager was outside talking with guests about their stay and breakfast room. Pricing is excellent for this area. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Sfleming60

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Jessica at the Quality Inn in Torrington, CT was wonderful. Awesome customer service! I found I'd forgotten a hairdryer and so she immediately looked for one, found it, and had it waiting at the front desk for me as I returned from a meeting.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jenny R

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had nine rooms here for my daughter's wedding. The staff was very friendly and helpful, but most of us had issues with our rooms. All the rooms were showing their age. The first suite we were in had a really noisy toilet that ran non-stop, the hot tub in the second room drained very, very slow. our room wasn't cleaned the second night and had no clean towels, and we ran out of toilet paper. Almost everyone in our party had a problem or had to change rooms. The staff was very accommodating in resolving issues, but some of these issues never should have occurred.

Room Tip: Don't hesitate to ask for a different room - staff was very accommodating in switching us to a b...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Qinnttorrington, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2015

Dear John B,

Sam Sund
GM
Roadway Inn Torrington CT

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have never written a negative review of a property, so let’s see what there is positive to say. The staff, I will say, was truly very pleasant. And the lobby was up to standard. Pity one can’t stay there overnight.

It was kind of management to recognize how hard the maids work by apparently giving all of them a day off during the two I stayed there. Allowing guests the opportunity to remove mold from the bathroom tile grout is a real innovation in hotel entertainment. And the artistic placement of the jaggedly broken floor tiles in the bathroom is a stroke of genius -- after all, nobody ever goes barefoot in a bathroom!

For the nostalgic, the fuzzy TV reception on most channels – who knew they even had snow in this day and age? - really takes one back, as does the presence of ashtrays in what was said to be a non-smoking room. The only thing missing: a thesaurus, so one could find synonyms for “dingy.”

The whimsical decor includes delightful works of modern art -- sculptures that exactly duplicate the appearance of a refrigerator and hair dryer, yet reveal their true nature only in their refusal to do anything at all, really, particularly refrigerating or drying, respectively. The realistic yet ineffectual “click!” of the hair dryer switch was a particularly nice touch. It’s good to see that in a tense, type-A world, this chain has decided to relax its standards for some properties.

Yes, staying here was a once-in-a-lifetime experience! I will make sure of it.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Driver94

To whom it may concern,

On behald of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future,

I hope that you will consider staying with us agina so that we can have another chance to probide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Nice furniture set in the room, but walls and bathroom fixtures need upkeep. Convenient location, fair price form what you get. Exterior halls are noisy and dirty. Breakfast room was decent and food offering good enough. I was able to sleep well for a night.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 20 May 2014

My partner and I had the displeasure of visiting this property in Torrington, CT over this past weekend (May 17-18, 2014).

Although the staff was very courteous, and very helpful and polite - I was sure that someone had taken down the sign for "Motel Hell" and replaced it with the Quality Inn sign. The carpets were disgusting, the room smelled atrocious, there were knife slashes in the upholstery on the side of the chair in the room as if Freddy Krueger had stayed in the room, The shower was so repelling I just refused to use it, The air conditioner? Merely a prop. Yes, we could asked for a different room, but really, I am 99 percent certain it would not have made any difference.

The show stopper was we actually were convinced to pay 91.99 for a room that should be sold, in the present slum condition, for about 20$. Of course the two star rating online should have given us some indication of the fun we had in store, but we had little choice at that point.

How sad. I remember when "Quality Inn" meant Quality Inn. Apparently now it means nothing at all. I will be sure to tell my friends and work associates when they want a "Quality Inn" - DON'T STAY AT ONE!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WineMeister

GM Quality Inn Torrington, CT.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrington
The Litchfield Inn, BW Premier Collection
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut
Homestead Inn
Homestead Inn
#1 of 3 in New Milford
Avon Old Farms Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington
Grace Mayflower Inn and Spa

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!