“largest / best subs in town”
Review of Carbone's Market

Carbone's Market
Ranked #5 of 123 Restaurants in Torrington
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Catskill Mountains, New York
“largest / best subs in town”
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Their roast beef subs have enough stuff for three meals. Take off 1/3 of the beef for another sandwich tomorrow and you still have the largest subs in town. It has easy access to Route 8. If you have easy access th 8, then you can ge there in 5 minutes from the most northern edge of town. I did it today to pick up 9 subs for co-workers.

I haven't had a better sub since I came to Torrington.

P.S. Where did the name GRINDER ever come from. I don't eat grinders, I eat subs.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank weyside_skip

Torrington, Connecticut
“more wow factor than wow flavor”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Sandwich was huge. That part was great. The downside, couldnt even take a bite with out deconstructing it. You get a lot, but it lacks flavor. Still looking for a good grinder..

Visited February 2012
Winsted, Connecticut
“Best Grinder's I have ever had!”
Reviewed 7 June 2010

I have been a customer of Carbone's for a little over 10 years. Even when I did not live in CT. and I lived in Mass. I would drive down to get a grinder from here! It is locally owned and I have seen the same faces there the whole time. Not to mention the owner is a huge Giants fan :) The food is fantastic and I don't know what I would do without my Carbone's fix every couple of weeks!

Torrington, CT
“Been going for over 15 years.. It's changed for the worse!”
Reviewed 23 February 2010

I love their roast beef grinder with the works and occasionally buy deli meats from there. The last time I bought a pound of roast beef, the owner cut it and handed it to me. He then proceeded to watch me like a hawk, as if I was going to steal it !?! When I opened the cooper american cheese package at home, it was a huge crumbly mess. Another time, the roast beef was raw, literally black and blue. They should mention that when buying!!! Prices aren't great either. Lately, I wonder why I bother with this dirty deli.

Today I ordered a grinder over the phone (with a very rude woman) and when I got there, I waited 5 minutes to be noticed to be checked out. Then I was served AFTER the several people who were at the register after me. I also asked for the prociutto stuffed peppers and then paid tooo much for a container of oil and few peppers. (Go to the grocery store!!) So disappointed.

We used to defend this place to people in town who said it was dirty. Not anymore.

4 Thank lingding_10
Goshen, CT
“Best grinders in Connecticut!”
Reviewed 23 July 2009

Carbone's Market has been in business for many years and is the best place to go in Torrington for sandwiches and grinders. Their roast beef grinder contains at least a half pound of meat...more than enough to make another sandwich!