“Don't waste you time or money”
Review of Northern Galapagas - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Northern Galapagas
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 10 March 2012

My husband & I wanted to give them a chance for lunch. I should have known this was a bad idea when our tablecloth was dirty . We both ordered the turkey Ruben w/ coleslaw & fries . We had water to drink the waiter brought lemons that had been exposed to air for a very long time. They only had enough rye for 1 sandwich. When we finally got our lunch the turkey was a slab of gelatinous mess. The coleslaw was obviously old because it was brown and black on the edges. We got up and walked out without eating or paying. The place is dirty too shame on them.

1  Thank momma_m_11

Reviewed 22 May 2011

I really don't like to give a bad review to a restaurant. My wife and I ate here for lunch and found it to be a very bad value. The place is filthy and dusty with a bad odor. We would have walked out but I wanted to give the food a chance since it has great reviews. Do not waste your time or money.

The food overpriced. I had Lobster bisque ($6) prepared with no flavor. Fried scallops with too much breading and greasy texture.

There was no toilet paper in the restroom.

2  Thank steve375
Reviewed 26 April 2011

Really good food.............Prepared just right.......Will be going back for breakfast and dinner.....................

Reviewed 17 October 2010

We had dinner here before a show at the Warner theater. There was a wide variety of selections, with an Ecuadorian twist. I had a seared scallop with corn/black bean appetizer, which for me served as an entree. My husband had paella, which included lots of seafood and chorizo. Although the decor is fairly spartan and unpretentious, the food was delicious and the service impeccable. We liked it so much we came back for breakfast the next morning - and that was great, too!

Reviewed 7 August 2010

The atmosphere leaves lots to be desired but the food is sublime. Breakfast is inexpensive and the best breakfast in Torrington. Dinner is pricey, especially for the atmosphere. While they are friendly towards children, there is not much in terms of a kids' menu. We love this place for weekend breakfast.