Trumbull Marriott Merritt Parkway
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Courtyard Shelton(Shelton)
Residence Inn Milford(Milford)
View Hotel
All reviewsoutdoor poolmerritt parkwaythe concierge levelbusiness triproom serviceon site restaurantlarge hotelhot tubfirst floorbreakfast buffetbusiness hotelwe've stayedcomfortable roomslobby areafitness centermini fridgestayed one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I stay at this hotel for business twice monthly and find the staff very helpful. I like the comfort of the hotel and the restaurant on site, I do not feel as though I have to leave the hotel to find a place to eat. Also, in the summer, you can sit poolside and have something to eat as well. There are nice patio rooms on the first floor which over look the pool, which is a nice option when wanting to get some fresh air.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Mngmnt_Trumbull_M, Executive Assistant at Trumbull Marriott Merritt Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Thank you for your positive words about our hotel and staff. We look forward to sharing your comments at our next staff meeting.

Reviewed 12 January 2012

This Marriott is decent enough. It is clean, has a restuarant and bar, meeting rooms, etc. Standard stuff. However, it seems to suffer from a lot of little misses. For example, the gift shop is always closed (there is a sign telling you to go find someone at the front desk to help you). The rooms are loud. The elevators are old. The parking lots fill up early. The iron in the room was broken. The front desk clerk's suit coat hadn't been cleaned in some time. The hotel's cable system had channels come in and out (i.e. sometimes CNN or other channels would work, sometimes they didn't).

Granted, these are not big items by themselves. But you start adding them up and you begin to wonder why you are paying for a full service Marriott when the Hilton Garden Inn and Courtyard down the street offer the same things at a slightly lower price point.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I was disgusted by my stay at this hotel but it is the only game in town. I sent a package to the hotel prior to my stay and they refused it and sent it back. NEVER has this happened. I call the hotel and was told they only can see one week in advance (NOT). I asked for the manager and was not able to get him on the phone. Frankly, this continued when I got there. Parking is a nightmare at this hotel so prepare to hike it. I had to do so in the rain with my fur and was livid. They placed me in a room on the highway. I have in my room requests NO NOISE. What made me angry is that they do this every time I stay there. I called downstairs and had to schlep all my stuff down stairs again. The alarm clock did not work in the room. I requested foam pillows and was told they did not have any. They later brought me memory foam pillows (whats up with that???). There was no robe in the room and I was on the concierge floor. They did not have the needle and thread in room (I had to call once again). I had to discover where my packages were and had to follow them to the event as they could not follow simple instructions and move them as I asked. I was so disgusted by the time I left I called to complain. The only highlight was the food was good in the restaurant. I ate the prime rib sandwich and it was good. The staff in the restaurant is good. My message to management get larger glasses in the restaurant and get with the program!

Room Tip: Do not take a room on the highway, set your phone alarm (my room one did not work at all), call before you ship packages, and have tracking information.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I am not sure what other people's expectations are for the money but we had a great time. From the moment we entered the hotel, we were greeted with a smile and an offer of help. Our room was very nicely appointed, Reuben took very good care of us and the snacks we ordered at the bar were great. We plan on staying here every time we have to come home for the holidays.

Room Tip: 5th floor was great
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Stayed there before The Game in New Haven. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. This hotel is very new and modern with wood floors in the rooms and all the modern creature comforts. The prices are good too! Bar wasnt that great but breakfast buffet was excellent. At check in, my buddy wanted to use his Marriott frequent stayer card but let me pay for the room. The clerk copped a tude but then melted and laughed and let us do it. After I got in the room, he called up to see if everything was fine as we expected. Never seen that before from even the Ritz Carlton. Large warm cookies upon check in. I recommend this place if you want to avoid the hassles of Yale area.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends