Trumbull Marriott Merritt Parkway
US$121
US$142
US$137
  • Pool
Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County(Shelton)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$98
QualityInn
US$111
Hampton.com
All reviewsoutdoor poolmerritt parkwaythe concierge levelbusiness triproom serviceon site restaurantlarge hotelhot tubfirst floorbreakfast buffetbusiness hotelwe've stayedcomfortable roomslobby areafitness centermini fridgestayed one night
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights visiting local family knowing the lobby and restaurant were under renovation. This was not a problem at all and in fact was an added benefit as we saw the progress move quite quickly each day making each trip through the lobby an adventure. The new lobby and restaurant are almost done and will be great when it is done in few weeks

Rooms standard quality Marriott; modern, clean and spacious with very comfortable beds although too many pillows! Concierge Lounge was modern and spacious and hotel staff from front desk to housekeeping all friendly and helpful. Location and grounds well landscaped, very private while still very close to shopping, food and highways.

We will stay here again and looking forward to drinks and dinner in new restaurant!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights for business. First of all, the location is awful. It is hidden between the highway and some trees. It's hard for guests to find it. The location is in a suburban area where there are no restaurants, shopping, or public transportation.
I requested to use the hotel van one morning to take to the office. They told me it was for leisure use for local restaurants/shopping. So I had to call a Taxi. I came back to the hotel after work, and requested to sue the hotel van to go to a local restaurant and they told me the van was broken and not working. So I called another taxi. I also learned, taxi's are not utilized often in this area of town. So I had to call for a taxi pick-up the morning before I needed it, or be prepared to wait 30-45 minutes. Which made me late into the office. This is why the hotel van needs to be working and for use by guests. The hotel Guest Book said they had an onsite Avis Rent-A-Car. Since I was having difficulty getting a taxi to come here, and the hotel van did not work, I inquired about the Avis rentals. The front desk person said the Guest Book was outdated and incorrect. There is not an Avis counter at the hotel anymore.
The hotel is in the middle of renovations. The lobby was torn up when I arrived. It was nearly impossible to get into the elevator because of the tarps and equipment. I'm sure the renovations are needed. So be mindful if booking this hotel. It may be best to wait until after the renovations are finish.
The exercise room is very small. It is actually 2 different rooms. One room for equipment and one room for weights. They have descent equipment for you to use, but the separation isn’t optimal.
The room was a very spacious and nice. I had 2 bed, a flat screen TV, and nice furniture.
The bathroom has only the tub and toilet behind the door. The sink is in the hallway next to the bathroom door and your room door. The bathroom was pretty gross. Apparently, the floor floods when the shower is running. Water escapes the curtain and collects on the floor. So it has made the wood trim mold and chip away. It looks black and gross. Like the wall/door trim is falling off.
I ordered room service for breakfast one morning. Despite writing out my order including everything I wanted, they still forgot 2 of the items I wrote on the door hanger breakfast request. They did bring them to my room once I called to let them know the items were missing.
Overall, I stay here for business only. If you stay here... rent a car! Only stay here after the renovations are complete. I think it will be much nicer then.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I was impressed with the comfort and cleanness of the room until I realized that housekeeping had stolen the speakers I bought for my ipod. I called and left a message 20 minutes after checking out when I realized I had left them in the room. No one returned my call until the next day. A woman named Claudia who was in charge of housekeeping called and I asked me for the same information I had left in the message from the day before. She said she would call me right back, she never did. the next day I called and was told they didn't have them. It was $80. worth of speakers I left them on the counter next to the TV It was two sets of speakers with all the wiring I don't believe the maid could have cleaned the room without seeing them. You would think the front desk would have alerted the maid right away since I called so soon after checking out. Would never stay there again they are thieves.

Room Tip: find a different hotel!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2012

this hotel is under construction so its understandable there are some things that are out of their hands as far as noise and smells and the many detours around the hotel, but for the price you can do much better. this is the worse marriot i have stayed in as far as price and what you get. there is no free wi fi there is no complimentary breakfast and i had to ask for extra soaps, towels, toothpaste etc. I feel like if you know there are 2 guests in a room why not supply the room with 2 of everything??? Also for almost $200 a night i would expect something to be complimentary! the hotel restuarant is average and is way over priced as to be expected but there are many restuarants in the immediate area. Also the movie or on demand selections were very pricy as well. The bedroom was small but the bed was comfortable and clean. we stayed in the king size room. the vending machine was broken on our floor and i was so fed up i didnt even bother saying anything. just went up a floor and used that one. Having the outside pool was the only plus to this place. Overall i will not be staying here again, maybe if they change some things and after construction they will get it together a bit.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We stayed for the first time at this hotel recently, as part of a "block" of rooms for my cousin's wedding. The hotel is very close to the Merritt Parkway (thus the name), but nestled away in a semi-private entrance with big pine trees. My wife and I are convinced this building used to be a corporate office that they converted to a hotel.

The front desk and lobby area are very modern and chic, nice clean right angles on everything. There's a lot of ambient light and the check-in process was easy. I will say that I had to remind the front desk person about my special room request, she wasn't going to look at the notes I had entered with my reservation.

One drawback to the layout of this hotel is that there's a central elevator, but rooms branch out in long hallways, so it was quite a walk to get from the hotel to our room. Unfortunately the room we initially received (on the 2nd floor) really smelled like old cigarettes (non-smoking room). We asked for a new room and got a new one without any issues (on the 5th floor).

The rooms are nicely appointed, quiet air conditioner, and modern looking. Nice new TV set but had some trouble with the channels, they were freezing up. All in all though a very nice setup.

The bathroom was clean, except the shower curtain was broken and starting to separate from the wall. Someone did a cheap patch job that didn't work, not overly offensive though.

To cap off my list of "minor annoyances" - there was no outside seating under the pavilion (main entrance). Because it was raining and because we were waiting for a shuttle bus, we had to stand outside and wait. It would have been nice to've been able to sit down while we waited.

I would go back to this hotel if we were in a similar situation - didn't get a chance to see the two pools so I can't comment on that. The bar in the hotel is nice though, just a little cramped if you've got three weddings staying at the hotel at the same time. I wouldn't discourage you from making a reservation there, all in all it was a good experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that hasn't received any "odor complaints." (not sure if they can do anything like that)
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family