“Wow”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Trumbull
Chandler, AZ, United States
“Wow”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The room was nice, nothing super amazing about that but, the restaurant my goodness! First off Amy, one of the bartenders was awesome! Great customer service! The food selection for a Marriott was top notch! I had crab cakes and dirty belvedere martinis, you would have thought four star restaurant! The front desk staff was lovely and I adore the Marriott phone app to check in! Hope to return again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed the night while spending time in Bridgeport, CT for the second time in three weeks. The first time I stayed was in May 2014, I was on a business trip that ran late so it was a last minute stay. Nonetheless, the front desk manager greeted me warmly and accommodated my needs without a problem. They provided me with extra toiletries and made me feel at home.

The rooms are large, modern and very clean. The beds are heavenly and the property is well insulated because the rooms are very quiet.

Upon entering, the lobby is spacious, well lit, it has reliable wireless internet, they offer free printing services at their business center and there's plenty of work space/stations. The living room atmosphere-like is comfortable and conducive for entertainment or working.

The staff is VERY FRIENDLY and SUPER helpful. There's a target and CVS within a 7 minute walking distance--very convenient.

The breakfast buffet is delicious, healthy, flavorful providing a myriad of options. The Parallel Post restaurant food is as good if not better than a lot of chic restaurants in New York City. Excellent place for drinks and/or dinner. The bartender "Bootleg Greg" is a favorite. He's well known in Bridgeport, CT, makes his own concoctions that will leave you happy but best of all, its entertaining and a comfortable place to chill.

I will make this hotel my destination every time I have business travel. GREAT value, comfortable & good stay. I HIGHLY recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: ask them to book you in the "middle" of the corridor, not too far or close from the elevat...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have been staying here every week 3 nights since the past 3 months and the rooms are decent, the staff is nice and polite with the exception of Lauren from the concierge lounge. Theresa on the other hand is very sweet and courteous, goes out of her way to make you feel welcome. Lauren if she does not like something about you ( I am not a local Amercian) she can ignore you and make you feel like she is doing you a big favor by letting you eat in the lounge despite being eligible for it being a gold member and has embarrassed me by telling me off with other patrons being around. She sits at times at the reception.Unfortunately my company has a very good rate with this place and all of us consultants stay here. I am going to write to the travel team of my project about her behavior and request that I be allowed to stay in other Marriott around here. Otherwise it is a great property and very comfortable and accommodating staff with the exception of Lauren

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Ranya2000
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed four nights and this Marriott had a comfortable bed, clean and modern room, and friendly staff. I ordered room service twice during my stay (breakfast and dinner) and both experiences were positive. The restaurant here, Parallel Post, is really good! My colleagues and I dined for dinner twice and tried a large part of their menu and enjoyed everything we ordered. I also used their app for check-in and thought it helped to speed up the process a bit. This hotel charges for internet access in the room.

The one tiny complaint that I have is that from my room, I could hear the guest upstairs whenever they used their toilet. It's a silly point, I know, but it bothered me. I don't really fault the hotel for this and it doesn't impact my decision to return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Cresskill, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed a few times as my daughter attends college nearby. Very large hotel and a great restaurant. My only complaint is the rooms are a little outdated but the bed is great. Staff is very helpful and recommended a great restaurant on Black Rock Tpk. I attended my daughters sorority lunch and thought the affair was great and the buffet was outstanding.

Room Tip: Try to get a room by the front the hotel is large and is a long walk to get to the elevators
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Late night and this was convenient.
Starbucks nearby for the morning.

A cut above the typical Marriott with an extensively landscaped area, clean, convenient with the expected Marriott touchs

Appears to be on the bus tour circuit, but buses parked well away from the facility

Room Tip: Anything with a view of the trees and landscaping
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Well run and maintained hotel. The staff was friendly, and well trained. The room was in good shape with a safe and a refrigerator. The sink is separate from the lav and the shower. The room was of a good size.
Breakfast was of the buffet variety, with an omelet station. Selection of sausage bacon etc. was of decent, if not exceptional quality.
Well located near Rte 8 and the Merritt Parkway, with easy access to both.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trumbull
Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford
Hotel Hi-Ho
Hotel Hi-Ho
#2 of 3 in Fairfield
The Circle Hotel Fairfield

Been to Trumbull Marriott Merritt Parkway? Share your experiences!