We stayed at the Hyatt Place for two days while checking out Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods.
Hotel was very clean, staff was courteous but grossly overworked. The room was large and comfortable. There was a sofa bed, desk, mini fridge and single cup coffee maker as you walk in. A partial wall separated the beds from the sofa. Best and pillow were comfortable. The only strange thing was the sink was not in the bathroom, it was in the same room as the beds. That made it difficult to wash up if the family was still sleeping or if my son was in the room. There was no sink or mirror in the bathroom.
I'm a light sleeper but this was the rare hotel where I heard no outside noise the entire stay.
Lobby was clean. Breakfast area was a bit small. Breakfast was far from what they advertise it to be. Apparently, they were very busy over the weekend and were not well stocked for breakfast the next day. People were asking for eggs but they had pancakes. They had a bowl of yogurt, some oatmeal and an assortment of cereal, some frozen bagels and breads. It was ok if you wanted a carb loaded breakfast. After the first day, we opted to skip the free breakfast and went to Seasons Buffet at Mohegan for breakfast. They offered a limited menu of items for sale to eat all day and a small bar area where you could get a night cap. The also offer coffee all day, but it was super strong and not for me.
The pool was small but adequate but pool towels were too small, more like hand towels. Workout room had a few treadmills, a couple of stationary bikes and some free weights. Again, enough to give you a decent cardio workout.
They have a small shuttle bus that brings guests to Mohegan which runs after 4pm on weekdays and from noon on weekends. It's convenient, but stops at midnight. We took it once and opted to drive the rest of the time. It's a quick ride and easy drive to Mohegan.
Foxwoods was an easy 15 minute drive.
Bottom line; A decent mid-line hotel. and I'd stay there again if I couldn't get a comparable rate from the casino.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome home to the Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun! Whether you're staying with us for work or play, you'll find yourself at a different kind of place with all the modern conveniences to keep your routines rolling. Get comfortable in one of our residential-style rooms, workout in the 24-hour StayFit™ Gym, and stay refreshed in the indoor pool. When you’re ready to explore the area around our hotel near Mohegan Sun, our Gallery Host is available 24/7 to help with tips, reservations, and transportation arrangements. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Uncasville Hotel Uncasville
- Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun Connecticut/Uncasville