“Great room set up for families”

Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Uncasville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Maryland
“Great room set up for families”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I was on a road trip to Maine and stopped here on the way there and back. The price was amazing about 100$ and it was super clean. The beds were very comfy and I loved the shampoos. The last night we got there very late- I needed to take my meds and forgot a water but couldn't leave the room with the kids sleeping and the super nice front desk guy (Alex) promptly brought me up 2 cold bottles of water.

The set up of the room is pretty large. I got a king and my 2 boys loved the fold out couch and there was a bit of a room separator so my book light wouldn't keep them up at night. Overall very nice.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
GeneralManager1234, General Manager at Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
Please accept my thanks for the review you posted on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to hear that you found your room perfect for you and your family.

Alex does a Great job providing great service to our guests. It was nice that you could experience his going above and beyond.

I look forward to your return to our hotel.

John Marko

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Fantastic hotel. Clean! Friendly! Great Price! Comfortable beds! Room for 4 women to do hair and makeup without being in each other's way!!!! 2 queen beds plus a sectional couch, huge tv, fridge and more.

Shuttle service to the casino was on time, quick and friendly.

Breakfast was great. Both hot and cold options. They also have 24 hour food service. (We did not use, but it is there.)

We will definitely be back!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Such a positive review.

Thank you so much.

I am fortunate to have such a great staff to work with every day. they all work hard to provide their guests with a clean and well serviced hotel.

I am happy that you had that experience.

We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Connecticut
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We choose the Hyatt because it was close to the casino.We LOVED it!!! It was very clean & the breakfast was delicious.We took advantage of the casino shuttle which was always on time.Don't search for any other hotel,because you CANNOT beat the price & value .We will definitely be back

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor.

Our housekeeping staff works very hard to insure the cleanliness of the hotel and guest rooms. I am happy that you appreciated their efforts.

Again please know that we appreciate your business and I and the staff look forward to hosting you again.

Waterbury, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This hotel was fantastic! The room was beautiful, with shuttle service to the casino every half hour. Absolutely loved the 24/7 pick up menu. It was the best turkey club I've ever had! Great PM staff, everyone was so friendly and made us feel right at home! I just wish they were clearer about tipping the staff for the food pick-up!!! I thought they might not accept tips- but I'm GLAD I ASKED because they did such a great job! So EVERYONE TIP YOUR FOOD PICK-UP!!!!! THEY DESERVE IT!!!! I would have felt absolutely awful if I found out later and never have given them anything.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
I was so happy to read your positive review of our hotel.. I live on property and I too find the turkey club to be on of my favorites.

It is a pleasure for me to share your comments with our staff.

Thank you again and I look forward to having you as our guest on your return.

Sincerely

Wilton, Connecticut
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My boyfriend and I had two Travel Zoo vouchers to use at Mohegan Sun - one for Michael Jordan's Steak House and one for Michael Jordan's 23 cafe, so we decided to make a quick get-away out of it.

Mohegan Sun was also running a Travel Zoo promo, but we got a great rate at Hyatt Place and with the rate and the inclusion of breakfast, we saved almost $100.

The building itself is only 5-years-old, so it's a relatively new building. The rooms are very large, with a separation between the bed and the living room area which had a large sectional couch with ottoman, a large flat screen tv, a chair and desk and a dry bar with a refrigerator for guest use. The shower and toilet were in one small room and the large vanity with lots of counter space was right outside (which I always like when the two of us are getting ready.)

When we were checking in, the young man a the front desk told us that they kept the hotel "wicked clean" and he wasn't lyin'. It was spotless and comfortable. There was a Stop & Shop directly across the street which we stopped into to grab some drinks and snacks - (though the hotel does offer food at the restaurant and snacks and drinks 24/7).

The casino is very close and super easy to get to - it's a right and another quick right out of the hotel and then literally straight into the casino parking lot (which is free). There is a shuttle available which we didn't use, but we did see a lot of guests taking advantage of.

We got a great night of sleep - the bed and pillows are terrific and the hotel was "wicked quiet". We were actually very surprised to see the breakfast so packed the next morning because we didn't hear anything while we were in the room.

The breakfast is awesome - definitely one of the best in this hotel category (Hyatt Place/Hampton Inn/Fairfield Inn/etc.) Egg McMuffin-esque sandwiches (& they take requests), french toast, cereal, fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee, tea, bread & bagels for toasting. The dining space is large and they even have an outdoor seating area . The place was packed on this morning, but we were able to grab seats at the bar to relax, read the paper (available in the lobby) and enjoy breakfast. The cooks kept the hot stuff coming and the young man in charge of the floor was great keeping everything stocked and also, "wicked clean".

After many, many stays over the years at the casinos (including Mohegan Sun and several in Vegas), I was happy to leave the "nuts in the nuthouse" and retire to the Hyatt Place after dining and gambling at Mohegan Sun. Our stay was "Wicked Awesome!"

Room Tip: We were in room 617 - not too close to the elevator but not the farthest either. Great size, great l...
Green Features: I saw the usual signs about conserving by hanging towels you didn't need washed, but otherwise, nothing else obviously green.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
GeneralManager1234, General Manager at Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, 13 September 2014
WOW! Your review of our hotel, staff, services and location was fabulous.

Thank you so much.

All of our associates work very hard to provide great service and a CLEAN hotel. I am very happy you concur.

I trust on your return you will stay with us again.

Thank you again for such a complete and positive review.

If I can ever be of service please let me know.

I look forward to hosting you on your next visit.

Fenton, MI
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This hotel is beautiful...our room was HUGE with a sitting area and a big screen TV that turned so you could watch it in bed or from the couch. The pillows are the best I've ever had in a hotel...in fact I'm thinking of asking them where they bought the pillows so I can order some.
The restaurant had take out service whenever you wanted it...we called our order in around 11 p.m. and then went to the lobby to pick it up...a nice twist on room service...and the food was excellent.
The breakfast was included, and was continental plus hot food. Every amenity and every person we spoke with was beyond our expectation. We definitely intend to stay here on our next trip to this area.

Room Tip: It's a very short shuttle ride or easy car ride to get to the casino...well worth staying here r...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RRBFenton
What a wonderful review of our hotel, staff and service. Thank you!

We receive many compliments on our pillows, I am glad you enjoyed them.

You comments will be shared with the staff, they will be very pleased.

thank you again and I hope you will return to our hotel on your next stay.

Poughkeepsie, NY
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We decided to try out the Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun Hotel this trip. It was a great choice. We found the layout of hotel, rooms, lobby, and services matched other Hyatt's that we've stayed at.
We stayed in a King room with large living room area, fridge, great shower, and large screen TV.
The staff was friendly and helpful. Free hot breakfast with 24/7 food and drink market that you can order ahead for pickup or enjoy there in the lobby. Wow take the shuttle or drive over. Less than 10 minutes away. We'll be back.

Room Tip: We asked for a high floor away from elevators to avoid potential noise. Plus you can see the Mohega...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
It was a pleasure to read your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am happy that the room and service exceeded your expectations.

I hope you continue to stay with us on your return trips to the areas.

If I can ever be of any service please do not hesitate to ask.

John Marko
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uncasville
Mohegan Sun
Hyatt Place Mystic
Hyatt Place Mystic
#3 of 13 in Mystic
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area

Been to Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!