Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Uncasville
Mohegan Sun(Uncasville)
Very Good 4/5
Courtyard Norwich(Norwich)
1,841 results
All reviewsmohegan sunfront deskroom was cleanthe breakfast areafree shuttlecontinental breakfastshuttle servicebagelssmall roomstay there againwindow seatminute ridehard boiled eggsone night staygreat place to stayoff the highwaysaturday night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed on a Friday night. 5 minutes from the Casino where we were going to see a concert. Check-in was flawless and the staff was friendly. Also, very accommodating with regard to the free shuttle to and from the Casino. Room was clean and comfy. Would stay again without hesitation!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator and ice maker area. It was very noisy when we walked by.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
MicrotelUncasville, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Uncasville, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review of our hotel. On behalf of our team here, we thank you for choosing us as your preferred hotel when in Uncasville and we look forward to seeing you again!

Best Regards,

Mark Battista
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Where do I begin? First, my check in experience was horrible. I stated I was there to check in. The staff member asked me for my name, driver's license, and credit card I made my reservation under. I gave her my name, then the drivers license, as I was pulling out my credit card she rudely said that she needed my card. I told her I was aware and was in the process of obtaining it for her.

Once that was all set, I asked for a shuttle ride to the casino, seeing that was the reason why we booked this room, shuttle service to and from the casino every 20 minutes. She asked what time, I asked for 7pm, since our concert was 7:30pm, she said that it's first come, first serve and the only availability was at 7:40pm, so so much for the courtesy shuttle service they provide, it's on their terms, and the casino is literally across the street and a five minute ride.

Moving forward, we get to our room, or should I say closet. Very confined space, it had a horrible smell, like stale smoke smell. We showered and got ready for the show. Upon leaving, we tried setting the alarm clock, well that was broken. Called and asked for a 10:15am wake up call, we didn't get one. Thank God my significant other woke up on his own and we weren't late for checking out.

The lobby had tons of bugs and flies flying around, the same area where the breakfast station is set up.

The walls are thin and you could hear the intoxicated, inconsiderate guests returning from the casino early morning hours, could be why the alarm clock didn't work.

This was an expensive stay for something I was expecting and did not receive. I could have chosen to stay elsewhere and was extremely disappointed. This hotel is comparable to a bad Red Roof Inn.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
MicrotelUncasville, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Uncasville, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your recent outing to Uncasville. Please be assured that we take every effort to ensure that our dining area is clean and sanitary and have yet to receive a complaint about any the cleanliness of the area. I would like the opportunity to speak with you about your stay, please feel free to contact me directly at 860-367-0880 and ask to speak with Mark Battista, the Front Desk Manager.

Best Regards,