“In my mind this will be my new 'happy place' to...”
other travellers have booked this property
Eat in Kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Eat in Kitchen
tubing on the lake Columbus Day weekend
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 16 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Ann M D
“In my mind this will be my new 'happy place' to go to.”
Reviewed 27 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

The scenery, the quietness, the beautiful cottage. It was one of the nicest places we have ever stayed in. Thanks for the memories.

29 Jun 2016
Thank You! We hope to host you again sometime. Glad memories were made during your stay!
loves2tra...
Woodstock, Canada
“Perfect Base Camp”
Reviewed 20 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

First off, this was exactly how is shows and more. The cottage is very comfortable for two people. Although the bathroom is small it is set up well to work for a couple well. The laundry was great to have on site, the kitchen is a great size and has most of the items you would need for cooking, full size fridge and stove. Has a microwave, coffee maker and toaster. Although we did not spend much time at the cottage during the day as it was in such a great location for day trips, the views of the lake when we returned each day were so nice. It was pretty quiet in the area, because of the time of year, but the cottage is very close to the others and would not be very private during the summer months. Victoria and John were very easy to communicate with and very friendly. I would recommend this cottage and would return to this cottage if I was in the area.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Beautiful views of the lake
Liked least: Kitchen could use some new cookware
21 Oct 2015
Thank You. We hope to host you again in the future if you are ever in the area..
Cheryl K
“Perfection; start to finish!”
Reviewed 9 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015

From the ease of booking, to the return of deposit, "perfection" describes our "fall getaway" experience. The cottage was clean, warm and inviting, with breathtaking views of the lake from dawn till sunset! Victoria and John were always accessible throughout the process and couldn't have been more accommodating. Privacy and quiet were the goals for us; the fishing from our own beach, grilling on our spectacular deck and kayaking were bonuses! This was the best decision, and we are already planning a return visit.

Liked best: Beach access; privacy
Liked least: Can't think of a thing!
Friends getaway People with disabilities
9 Oct 2015
Thank You! Glad you liked the cottage as much as we do! Hope to see you again next year if not before.
emily_bro...
Brookline, Massachusetts
“Perfect weekend”
Reviewed 22 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

We had a wonderful weekend at the lake celebrating some good news. Unseasonably warm temperatures meant we could take full advantage of the lovely property -- kayaking, swimming, and grilling! Although the place is small, it is perfectly laid out and never felt cramped, even with two extra guests. Victoria was wonderful and so accommodating to our last-minute booking.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
HappyCamp...
Enfield, Connecticut
“This one is special. You won't be disappointed. Read my review.”
Reviewed 15 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015

The glistening diamonds created by the sun in the morning on Oxoboxo Lake made me wish I had a magic net to scoop them up and take them home with me. The gentle breezes
softly caressed the umbrella over my head, as I read a book from cover to cover. Serene surroundings supplied the perfect peaceful get-away. I etched the view into my memory, so I might close my eyes and recall it at will. The cottage was more than a home away from home, it was a comfortable retreat with everything I needed close at hand. Like an old friend
I can't wait to see again, I look forward to my return to the cottage on Oxoboxo Lake. Anytime of year would be the right time to spend time at this location. I highly recommend it!
Kay

PS Thank you to Victoria, John and Josie, they are fabulous hosts.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cottage, the lake and the location.
Liked least: That I could not stay longer.
Travelling group: Solo
21 Sep 2015
Thank you for a wonderful review. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future! So happy when our guests love the cottage as much as we love it!
AB
Reviewed 2 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
2 Jan 2014
Thank You! I hope we get the chance to host you again sometime in the future.
Connecticut
Reviewed 19 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
19 May 2013
Thank You! Glad you enjoyed the boat ride and tour. We hope to see you again soon.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing