“Great hotel & casino”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Uncasville
Sun City Center, Florida
“Great hotel & casino”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

This is a lovely hotel. Beautiful carpet in cream & medium blue (not the usual dark patterned carpeting). Rooms are beautiful & spacious, with large, pretty bathrooms, rich looking furniture. Nice views of surrounding countryside. Everything is spotless. They have wonderful concerts & events at the Arena. Casinos (there are several) are nice, & staff friendly. Lots of choices in slots & table games. Great place & worth the trip!

Room Tip: We've been here numerous times; never had a bad room!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (685)
  • Turkish first
Boston
Reviewed 29 December 2012 via mobile

We are from Boston and met friends from the NYC area here. The hotel is very clean and the service was remarkably attentive for a property of this size. The pool and workout facility was also clean; didn't use the spa.

Nice kids arcade section in the main part of the complex very close to the hotel.

Food was a mixed bag.

Plenty of $10 tables even on a Saturday night.

Will be back.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Columbia,Pa
Reviewed 27 December 2012

The rooms are very nice.I had a beautiful view out of my room.The casino and building inside is very nice.The restaurants are really good too.There is Krispy Kreme there too which is wonderful. The staff is very friendly and helpful.There is lots of stores to shop at too. Very enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2012
CT
Reviewed 25 December 2012

Check in was easy and reasonably quick. The hotel was busy and there was a line at the front desk but there were enough staff on hand and we waited no more than a minute or two. The staff was very pleasant and welcoming. Complimentary valet parking is a nice amenity considering the cost of parking at many major hotels.

There are 3 things that I look for in a hotel.room. It has to be clean, it has to be comfortable and it has to be quiet. I was a little surprised to find that the Mohegan Sun exceeded my expectations. The 450 s/f room was spotless clean, we literally did not hear a sound all night. No voices in the hall, no machinery and no TV noise from the room next door.

The hotel will add on a $15 "facility fee" supposedly for WIFI service among other things. Unfortunately, that serves to offset the free valet parking.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view room. If you are a non smoker be sure to specify that you want a non smoking ro...
Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 December 2012

I won a Thanksgiving weekend get away at the Mohegan Sun in Connecticut. I received a 2 night stay & a gift card. Their PR person (Dave) made my reservations & made sure everything was there at my check in. They also gave me a digital camera to take pictures of my stay. The valet parking was great. We got to go to the vip check in. Our bags were already in our room by the time we got upstairs. The room was very nice. The view was amazing. The room was a nice size & very clean. The beds were supposed to be a queen, but seemed a little smaller-they were very comfortable nonetheless. Bathroom had a shower with bathtub. toilet had a sliding door in the bathroom for privacy (it had a phone in there too.) There was free wi-fi in the rooms so i was able to check messages. There is a table/desk in the room which was nice for reading the morning paper that was provided.
All of the staff were very friendly & helpful. The only person I was a little disappointed in was the PR person, Michelle. She was supposed to meet me upon arrival & was not there. I had tried calling her cell & office numbers & had left messages. She never returned any of my calls. I was taken care of by other staff, but the courtesy of a return call would have been nice.
The buffet was great. The whole retstaurant was clean & sometimes that's hard to do with a buffet. lol They had plenty of choices even for the folks with special diet needs.
We got one of the players club cards & received $25 on the card as it was diva Friday. the casino has a nice warm, cozy, woodsie, log cabin kind of feel to it. I didn't see any garbage anywhere the whole time. There were plenty of shops to choose from & places to eat. There was a whole play land for kids. There was a lot of art throughout the casino. There is a pool/gym & also a spa. We attended two shows in the Wolf Den while we were there-no entrance fee. I have to say it was one of the nicest casinos I have seen. Overall it was a really nice weekend getaway. I would certainly return.

Room Tip: Fridge is set up by weight-be careful what you take out-it will show up on your room bill.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
East Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 20 December 2012

While the room was one of the cleanest I've ever been in, the noise level woke us twice at midnite and two a.m. We were there for a Christmas party and went up at 11:00. Way too expensive for a room for sure, but it was a once in a life time treat for us. For a non-smoking floor the hallway trash barrels had ashes on them and we saw two matches on the floor.

Ottawa
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I quite enjoyed my stay. The rooms were very nice with free wifi and a good tv selection. The bathroom was spacious with a separate enclosure for the toilet. In similar layouts I've seen a soaker tub and a separate shower but this had a bath/shower which was clean and adequate. I found the bed to be comfortable and I slept well my entire stay. The small desk was suitable for work and I had a great view of the river. They had smoking and non-smoking rooms.

Maid service did a good job and staff members were all helpful and polite. I had no more than a one minute wait at check in and check out. All parking is by valet at no charge (other than tip). The ticket system is efficient and although checkout was fairly busy we departed in shorft order.

I stayed at a discounted rate as a conference attendee. The regular rates were significantly higher and there is an additional $15 resort fee per night. If you are budget-minded and there to gamble there are some cheaper hotels nearby with shuttle service. Saying that, I certainly would pay more for the comfort and convenience of being on site.

In addition to the casino there are a slew of restaurants (some fantastic fare) and shops. There were concerts playing when I was there which resulted in some longer lineups at times. This was an enjoyable visit and I am already planning a return trip.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uncasville
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Grand Pequot Tower
Grand Pequot Tower
#2 of 4 in Mashantucket
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area

Been to Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!