“Relax and enjoy the momments”
Review of Mohegan Sun

Mohegan Sun
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Uncasville
Clarksburg
“Relax and enjoy the momments”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Hotel is first class yet significantly overpriced for the location. Gaming is terrific with lots to choose from. Outstanding choice of restaurants. You won't go hungry at MS.

Check with a Casino host to see if you qualify for a comp or reduced price room. Save your money for the Gaming floor.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (644)
  • Turkish first
Cave Creek, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 31 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I attended a girl's reunion weekend at Mohegan Sun. Pretty sure we could have had fun in a cardboard box and that came in handy as the nightlife at Mohegan Sun left much to be desired. The surrounding area was beautiful yet there were no walking paths on the property. The spa needed upgrading but the spa staff was terrific so they almost made up for the lackluster decor. Overall not horrible but in no rush to return.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Zionsville
Reviewed 30 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Clean and fine but priced at more than 400 for what you expect from hilton or spg. Casino is nice but rooms are underwhelming. Square footage of room with two double beds was very small and rooms simply don't measure up to other casino properties.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Patrick W
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Also if you are a casino player, you will enjoy lover rates. The rooms and the bathroom are big. Restaurants and the casino are down stairs. Will recommend this hotel

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
MoheganSunCT, Dave J. - Social Media Specialist at Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you so much for the recommendation! Hope to see you again soon!
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Our first trip to Mohegan was not the best experience I expected, disappointing. I was so excited to finally get there it was a total letdown! I only say that because I wasn't impressed. Everyone raves about this casino so my expectations where high and I was disappointed.

Restaurants - the food was awful at Ballo,pasta dry, pizza burned and they served it that way. The waiter I think was more interested in the baseball game than waiting his tables. We went to the Mexican rest. and I expected to have a lot of flavor, it was awful, again the whole staff was more interested in socializing with each other than tending to their guests! For the price you pay you would think service and food would be great! Exception, Hash House was good for breakfast but again I don't know what the deal is with staff standing around, at least make yourselves look busy, its just the perception of it I guess.

Stores- We visited the stores and while in one store the lady was most talkative which is great however she had asked us how long we were staying and I said well we are here for a couple days and then we are visiting Foxwoods for a few days. The minute I mentioned Foxwoods she went on a bash Foxwoods rant and would not stop! Being the polite people my husband and I are we just let her vent and walked away nicely. I was so upset with the way she carried on I will never ever step foot back in that store!

Casinos- I won't really comment on the casinos as they are all the same, you win some you lose some.

Check-in - I'm not sure I understand the game they play with the rooms but I really wish it would stop. Since this was our first visit we paid the full price of the rooms and to not have the room you booked available is just nonsense. I don't believe they went out of their way to get the correct room as I believe it was there all along they just play that game saying its not available to see what you will say/do. Some people they could care less however I am not that type of person. I expect to get what I reserved and not have to move to another room the next day, its as simple as that. It's just annoying I had to waste 1/2 hour waiting for them to decide which room to give me.

Overall - verdict is still out whether we will go back, we're trying to decide on New Years eve and beyond.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cuse42day
Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We are sorry to hear that your stay did not live up to your expectations. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay further and help clarify the inconvenience you experienced checking-in. Please feel free to call our Guest Relations team at 866.707.3317. Thank you.
Newtown, Connecticut
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My wife and I stayed there for the Kenney Chesney concert. At $499/night a little tough to justify but we did it. Nice place but not worth the price. Room was very nice and clean. Bed was very comfortable. Of course it's convenient for a show but other than that would not stay here again at that rate. Nice view of the river. Mohegan itself is a great place to go. Southwest theme is done well and it almost makes you think you are out west. Plenty of restaurants and shops. Concert venue is great for shows. Chesney is amazing. FYI - Stay down the road at the quality inn for $199 a night with a free shuttle to Mohegan.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Skibum028
Rochester NY
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The great experience started with my call to book our room for Sunday Oct 20th....The young man on the phone could not have been nicer or more accomodating....I asked for Early check in (doesn't everyone?) and he was really honest and stated that he would mark it, but it would be unlikely due to concerts the night before, and the night of, our arrival. I can respect that answer, and appreciate the honesty. We were greeted courteously by the Valet, who also unloaded our luggage onto the baggage carrier and assured us that we would be met in our room, with our luggage....We didn't get in as early as I expected, and when we arrived at 3:00 there was absolutely NO problem getting our room immediately. The Bell carrier was not even 5 minutes behind us, bringing us bottled water and Ice along with our bags. The room was spacious and clean, the bed was crazy comfortable. We had a great time exploring the shops, the restaurants and Casino. We totally enjoyed the one night stay here, and would definitely come back for a longer stay, to more fully explore everything this terrific property has to offer!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LPCARC1999
Thanks for celebrating your anniversary with us! We're happy we could help make it a memorable one. Hope to see you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uncasville
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Grand Pequot Tower
Grand Pequot Tower
#2 of 4 in Mashantucket
Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton

Been to Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!