“Another great stay”

Mohegan Sun
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Uncasville
“Another great stay”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I had another great stay at the Mohegan Sun. The check in was fast and easy, thanks to Edguardo. He even asked me what kind of view I wanted, and got a lovely view of the river and cove. I had dinner at the Summer Shack was good, and the breakfast buffet at the Seasons was fabulous, and all,for $10. No matter where I was at the Mohegan the staff was friendly and accommodating. Although the casino wasn't that generous and rarely is when I drive up from N.J.. I rather spend the extra half hour in driving time and come to the Mohegan rather then Atlantic City. Unfortunately AC is going downhill pretty quick. My only complaint about Mohegan is that, when I enter the lobby after arriving I smelled cigarette smoke, which I never did before. Keep up the great work, customer service.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
MoheganSunCT, Manager at Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thanks for visiting and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (645)
  • Turkish first
New York
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Very disappointed in our last trip to Mohegan Sun since my Wife and I have had a lot of happy memories there. I tried to contact them via their recommended contact page on their site via email but I received a Security Certificate warning.

On a get-away trip to Connecticut last weekend, my Wife and I decided that we wanted to make a trip to Mohegan. We spent the early part of the day on the beach in Rhode Island and then watched the sunset there. We decided that the perfect way to end the day would be at Mohegan.

We arrived at the hotel and a rush of happy memories came back.

We decided that we wanted to go to the Vista Lounge first for a drink before getting something to eat.

We walked into the lounge, we said hello to the host and we found a couch. We then picked up the drink menu as we sat looking at the beautiful décor.

Then for some reason which to me is still puzzling, the host walks over to me and "asks" (really told me) to "come with him" because he had a question for me. I did as he requested. I did not appreciate having to leave my Wife since we were having an awesome time together. but he and I didn’t walk that far away, so I did as he asked.

The host then begins to question me.. “Are you alright?” The question seemed so out of left field. I replied, “Of course, I am.” He then said me… “Well you seem jittery.” I looked at him completely confused now. I told him that I did not know what he meant. Basically.. He wanted to know if I had been drinking. I would have preferred if he just got right to the point than the mind games.

I had not had 1 drink that day. After this, I felt like "persona non grata" completely.

As a responsible man, I was offended by the implication and I was offended that I was called out when there were others in the lounge who you KNEW were drinking and nothing was said to them.. but let's just say.. I have been around long enough to know how the game is played. I was not expecting this at Mohegan.

I sat down again at the couch and my Wife asked me what had happened. I told her exactly what I have written to you. My Wife was livid. She was offended by what was implied about her Husband.

My Wife went up to the host and gave him a piece of her mind. The host explained the hotel policy and offered an apology to my Wife but never offered one to me personally.

The way this was handled was very poor. I will hope that it was an isolated incident.

Let me be entirely clear.. I am very troubled by tree things…
1.) I was called out as I have stated before and made to feel as if I had done something "wrong" which I had not.
2.) I did not like the use of the word, “jittery”. That is the type of word that could be offensive to many people who have either a psychological or nervous disorder, which cannot be seen on a superficial level...
3.) My Wife was made unhappy by this.. and if anything makes her unhappy, that is unacceptable to me.

This incident put a definite DAMPER on our evening. What should have been a culmination of a day turned into a weird and uncomfortable situation at night.

My Wife and I have discussed whether or not we wish to return to Mohegan Sun. We made a quick visit to Foxwoods the night before and the staff there could not have been nicer. I still do like Mohegan better.. As of now, we are undecided. This was not the experience that we were looking for or would have expected from such a classy establishment.

3 Thank NewYorkHoward
Milton, NH
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Hotel is clean and very comfortable. Rooms are spotless, just be carefull in the shower. Very slippery after time and time again warning the managers about myself almost breaking a leg slipping in the shower. I figure I'll own the hotel soon if this issue is not looked into, another warning!!! Food establishments are great. A little pricey but well worth it. Summer Shack is my Favorite along with the Buffet. They normally wheel me out after I put on the feed bag at the Buffet. Pool is peacefull in the morning until about 9am. Then the kiddies show up and the screaming is about all anyone can take. Nothing a few Cold ones can't help. So give it a try. It won't Hurt. Unless your in the Shower??? Later.

Room Tip: Gamble here enough and you won't pay a dime for anything!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank bear3911
Winslow, Maine
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night. Upon arrival, we uses the complimentary valet which was nice. Check in wait was about 10 min. I had booked the room in early June and was told our king room was given away because it was so late in the day. It was 5 pm. Check in is 4 pm. Did I miss something? We could have two queen beds for an additional fee. Ummmm no. So after a few minutes, we got our king. Really?? Anyway, the room was nice. Bed very comfortable. They did extend our check out to noon because of our wait. We will stay again.

Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Booked hotel room with a Groupon. The hotel entrance makes an impressive statement. The room I was given with the Groupon overlooked the pool roof, a side wall and some air conditioners. Was not very happy with this view.
Called an asked for a better view, none available with the Groupon pricing. Room was just average, nothing special making me wonder how the same room can cost over $600.00 without the Groupon. The casino did not honor the $25.00 free play as written on the voucher. They need to educate their employees as to what is being offered and how to honor their terms. Maybe the reason they resorted to Groupon is because of dwindling customer visits or maybe people are tired of paying exorbitant prices for just average rooms.

Room Tip: Ask to see room before giving a credit card.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Steve C
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We were driving to Maine from NY and decided to break up the journey by staying one night at the Mohegan Sun. Good move. We took advantage of a weeknight offer from Travelzoo of a king room, 2 breakfast buffet vouchers and another $25 dining credit for $149. A great deal. The room was beautiful and spacious. The staff was friendly. We had a nice meal at The Seafood Shack, with really good mussels. Then we saw a free show at the Wolf Den by Honey, a terrific alternative rock band from Brooklyn. Even broke even at the slots, which for me is a victory. The breakfast buffet the next morning was ample for continuing the trip. Mohegan Sun has been our favoirite casino since it opened and they confimed it again.

Room Tip: Look for offers on sites like Travelzoo and Groupon.because the rack rates are expensive.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelmpq
MoheganSunCT, Manager at Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so happy to hear that you had a great stay and enjoyed the show in the Wolf Den! Thanks for visiting and we hope to see you again soon!
New York
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just returned from a one night stay here. We have been to Mohegan Sun several times over the years and I just love the rooms and the general atmosphere of the casino. Sometimes we take a day trip on a local bus service since we live about 2 hours from this property and often we receive special rates on the rooms. This time we were on the 30 th floor... Beautifiul view of the river and grounds. I enjoyed the pool area..clean and nice seating.
The beds are sooo comfortable and I love the large bathroom..with complimentary toiletries.
I really enjoy the whole complex...love the various shops...some higher end and some just have really nice items.
There is a nice selection of restaurants.. A few are pricey and we haven't tried them all..we do enjoy the buffet and feel that is a good value for the great selection of food. We also enjoy Johnny Rockets for great burgers!
My husband is a fan of roulette and enjoys those table games. I am a fan of slots and there is always an exciting selection to play.
Overall we truly enjoy this casino and all that it has to offer. There is so much to do there and the property is very clean and well run.
Definitely a great place to visit...not far from Mystic Seaport area also.

1 Thank Jtraveler333
MoheganSunCT, Manager at Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Hi Joanne, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad that you had a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed all the amenities! Thanks for visiting and we hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uncasville
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Grand Pequot Tower
Grand Pequot Tower
#2 of 4 in Mashantucket
Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton

Been to Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!