“WOW! This has to be the LARGEST casino in the world!”
Review of Mohegan Sun

Mohegan Sun
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Uncasville
Reviewed 6 June 2010

This is a beautiful place to see. This resort is a huge mecca of shops, casino gaming, hotel, RV lots, and resteraunts located in a gorgeous area in CT. It is a short drive from NJ, NY, etc. I saw a lady win $4k on a penny machine too. We went to visit margartiville and it was a blast!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,091)

Reviewed 31 May 2010

We made reservations for February 24, 25 and 26th 2010 and carefully budgeted our pension funds to allow us to enjoy three (3) nights. When we arrived by bus, both of us were stunned and speechless by the design of the casino. It was the most incredible structure that we had ever seen. The personnel were unfailingly cheerful and helpful. We actually tried some of the games with the help of staff. We used the pool and spa and my wife had one of the beauty treatments. We were scheduled to take the Friday bus back to NY. Upon confirming our reservations with the bus co. we were told that because of the severe heavy snow storm that was scheduled for Fri. the bus co. was terminating service for Fri. We now had no way to get home. We spoke with reservations and explained the problem we had and said we had to stay until Sat. so that we could get the Sat bus home. They said that our $150 room was now going to cost us over $700 for the one night. This was totally unacceptable, and since the reason we needed to stay was because of the weather, we expected reservations to be understanding. We then felt the only way was to cut our vac. short and leave Thurs. night and catch the bus that evening. Reservations even wanted to make us pay for the Thurs. night room. After speaking to several supervisors they decided to waive the early cancellation fee etc. This experience unfortunately turned what could have been a wonderful get away into a night mare. Mohegan Sun didn't even have the courtesy to answer our letter to them.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2010

Been there maybe 25 times but never used the Hotels just to play and get back home by bus. I do like the atmosphere there and the designs. Happy with the customer services any where on the floor , they have always been helpfull .

I am disgusted that the payouts are getting poorer and poorer in all the slots there , they are just waste of monwy really unless you have one of those days . I play 3 card poker always and i can not believe that they cut dowth the payout percentages on that game . If you get a Triple you now only get 25 times the bet. This is the only casino in this country that now pays 25 times , everywhere else pays 30 times. Its hard enough for anyone to win anything and now on top of this they cut your payout scale. its trule disgracefull to say the least. Too many grumpy and unfriendly dealers there ( not all mind you) and they make you feel uncomfortable at the table so pick and choose your dealers.

Food is so so everywhere unless you go to those very very expancive places. i smoke but never felt the rooms smelling of smoke, it is very clean really must have great air filtering system there. Love the smell of whatever they put in to the air flow system . Extreamly busy on weekends and hard to get a seat on the table or the slot you like. i must say there is a lot of energy there and i like the place overall , it relaxes me a lot but i hate the way they take out your money unfarly. i always win most times at foxwoods but hardly here and many others say the same thing. They are shameless to cut down our payout percentages while no other casinos in USA have done that .

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 April 2010

My husband and I had our first over night trip to Mohegan Sun and it was FANTASTIC! Everything from check in to check out was perfect. The room was great and comfortable. Our room over looked the trees and river.

I guess and somepoint I told someone that it was our wedding ann. and they sent a cake up to our room.....it was yummmy.....we were so suprised.

Highly rec Big Bubba's BBQ. My husband and I shared a swamp water....it was out of this world. Can't wait to go back and have it again.

We used the pool area and it was great too...There is a bar by the pool which is cool.

There are 2 different buffets...Sunburst was better....a lot more to choose from.

Since we stayed for two nights, next time I think we might take our car. This trip we went on the high speed ferry from Orient Point....but waiting around for the bus til 4 when we checked out at 11am was kinda a drag....we were able to check our bag at the coat check by the bus depot or at the hotel bell hop because they don't allow luggage in the casino.

The slots weren't in our favor :-(...but we had a fantastic trip and that is all that matters....

We give this trip a thumbs up!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2010

This hotel/ casino is beautiful and HUGE! But, don't count on getting an easy drink at any of the bars while you are gambling. The place is too big for the amount of staff, we had to chase down waiters to get drinks, you can only get one drink at a time, and last call is at midnight. When I finally got a drink, it was snatched out of my hand by the bar tender b/c he thought my I.D. was fake. I was held at the bar waiting for a Mgr. and made to sign a document testifying I was "of age"...so embarrasing. Sober gambling for a bachelorette/ bachelor party wasn't what we were all hoping for. Despite the beautiful decor and rooms this hotel and casino was a big bummer. I will never go back.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 April 2010

Our room was wonderful-the bathroom was roomy and enjoyed having the bathtub with a door, separate from the shower and basins.

Room service was superb! Prompt, hot and tasty.

We enjoyed the casino, shops and restaurants immensely.

The massage was relaxing and loved the nail services as well.

Honestly, I can not say enough about this resort.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dnalnn
Reviewed 4 February 2010

The few times I've spent here with my girlfriend and family were a pleasure. Plenty of shopping for all ages. The restaurant selection seems endless, but even if you find you've been to them all, you'll most likely have found a favorite by then.

They have a great selection of entertainment from Cirque du Soleil specials, to Rascal Flatts, John Mayer, and Britney Spears.

The rooms here are excellent and the room service is punctual at all hours.

"double down"

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank wired163
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uncasville
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
#1 of 4 in Mashantucket
Fairfield Inn & Suites Uncasville
Days Inn & Suites Groton Near the Casinos
Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton

Been to Mohegan Sun? Share your experiences!