“No help for the handicapped”
Review of Mohegan Sun

and up
Mohegan Sun High Stakes Casino Day Trip
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Mohegan Sun, owned by the Mohegan Tribal Gaming Authority, is one of the largest, most spectacular entertainment, gaming, dining and shopping destinations in the United States. Situated on 185 acres along the Thames River in scenic southeastern Connecticut, Mohegan Sun is home to three unique casinos, a 34-story, 1,200 room luxury hotel, a world-class spa and golf course, over 75 shops, restaurants and bars as well as three award-winning entertainment venues including a 10,000-seat Arena. Mohegan Sun is within easy access of New York, Boston, Hartford and Providence and located 15 minutes from the museums, antique shops and waterfront of Mystic Country.
Dayton, Ohio
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“No help for the handicapped”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have to use a cane to get around. I asked one security guy if he could get me a wheelchair. He basically said no, that it was going to be tough to find one on a busy day. I asked another another security guard if he could get me a wheel chair and he said I would have to talk to customer services. I hobbled over to customer services and they told me to walk back to the coat check people to get one. By that time I had walked about a half a mile and was growing weak. There were not enough blackjack tables for me to play and I was too tired to stand around and wait for a spot. I have been to a lot of casinos and this was the worst.

2 Thank janmonahan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Foxwoods vs. Mohegan Sun”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Finally have made it to both. I'm not a gambler, but I can wander around these sensual palaces for an hour or two when forced. Mohegan Sun is the more congenial of the two casinos in northeastern Connecticut. You can get your arms around the hole place, as opposed to the acreage at Foxwoods. This trip it was the mid-way gathering point for a family get-together. On a Saturday night in summer it was not crowded. Valet parking is easy-in, easy-out (and free). Family ate in an Irish pub-like restaurant ... reservation for eight required a guarantee expenditure of $35 pp. I did gamble a bit, finding a casino bar that had video blackjack for .25 cents a push, with a max bet of $2.50. Just my speed...like blackjack on my iPad without breaking the bank. Turned a 20 dollar bill into $41. Not a bad distraction on a lazy weekend. They do have some good entertainment here if you Google the schedule and plan in advance.

1 Thank NOYB42
MoheganSunCT, Manager at Mohegan Sun, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad that you enjoyed your recent visit with us! Thanks for visiting and we hope to see you again soon!
United States
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Smoking in the casino!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

The smoke in the casino is horrible. Why can.t they filter it better!! You may not even have a smoker sitting next to you...yet the smell of smoke is so strong! Ashtrays need to be emptied more often.

Glastonbury, Connecticut
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Poor customer service in the arena part of the casino”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Most concession stands close by the third quarter of games in the casino and they all close for alcohol then too. Hope you aren't thirsty.

1 Thank GlastonburyFoodLover
Bronx, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“All I can say its beautiful..”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I cant honestly say anything bad about this place.. They have also free shows in casino too. They have slots and table games to play..

Visited June 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We are so happy to hear about how much you like our property. Thanks for visiting and we hope to see you again soon!