“Moderate price and overall good quality”

Red Roof Inn Hartford - Vernon
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Vernon
Boston MA
“Moderate price and overall good quality”
Reviewed 13 July 2009

Our needs are simple, and while the property could use a serious update, the hotel had everything we needed to make our overnight stay a good one: cleanliness, moderate price, great location, fresh smelling linens and towels, cordial management, great reading lights and a very pleasant continental breakfast.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
NEW YORK
Reviewed 18 March 2008

I enjoyed staying at this Hotel. I had a suite and it was large and modern. I will Definitly stay here again and room was very comfortable, Front Desk cleark was very help full......... breakfast start early for business travel........ i will definatly stay at this hotel.. and RESTAURANT NEXT TO HOTEL..... REINS DELI WAS FABULOSE......... THE FOOD WAS GREAT AND HOTEL IS ON SAME PLAZA..........

• Liked — Hotel service and hotel location
  • Disliked — Everthing
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cape May, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 December 2007

I selected this hotel because it was listed with AARP and conveniently
located. It seemed nice enough but don't judge a book by it's cover. All I wanted was a hot shower before dinner as I had been travelling all day. Unfortunately there was just a trickle and it was cold. When
I went to the front desk, I was told "sorry, new tank being installed;
it will be a few hours. You can get bottled water from the machine in the lobby." That evening when I returned, I had hot water but it was brown and full of dirt and not something I wanted to wash in. The tub and sink were full of dirt. Climbed into bed to find short sheets that
were popping off the bed, stained sheets (I don't want to think what it might have been), and a stained comforter. The next morning, Thanksgiving, there was hot water but still had some dirt and brown color. I explained to the front desk that I had some problems with my room, and they said to come back later they were too busy with breakfast. When I returned late that evening, there was hot water but I still had the same dirty towels and linens, and the tub was never cleaned - it still had all the dirt residue in it! It seems all they did was make the bed. At check out, as I tried to mention the problems
again, I was handed a Comfort Inn survey card. That was it - no comments, no "sorry" - nothing. They have the most dis-interested staff I have ever encountered.

• Liked — Next to Reins Deli
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank HeavensTo

Travellers are raving about these Vernon hotels

Clifton, NJ
Reviewed 26 November 2007

Back in town to visit family over the holiday weekend, we selected this hotel over the nearby Quality Inn that disappointed last time. While not the nicest Comfort Inn I've stayed in, this one is decent enough. The rooms show some signs of wear, the bathrooms are a little beat up but the bed was comfortable and the room was clean enough for our high standards. We were lucky enough to get a free room using Choice points and also scored the one and only king suite in the hotel. This room is huge, with a separate living area with sofas and TV. The bathroom has 2 sinks and a modern look. Having stayed here several times in the past, I recommend staying here over other hotels in the area for the price.

• Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
Portland
Reviewed 27 November 2006

We had a very dissapointing experience with this motel over Thanksgiving weekend. The reservation was booked on-line. We thought we had requested a non smoking room. When we arrived we were told the reservation was for a smoking room. I stated that we would prefer a nonsmoking and was told there were none available. They were sold out. The hotel was practically empty when I arrived and I hard a hard time believing that. We decided to check out the room. Sometimes smoking rooms are not so bad. This one was bad. Very strong smell of smoke, ripped up rug, stained sheets, bathroom dirty and in poor condition. I called the front desk again and asked for a non smoking room. I was told no. We had booked a smoking and that was all they could do. They were sold out. I called back from my cell phone and pretended to be another customer inquiring about the availability of a non smoking room. I was told they were available. I then identified myself and requested the room again and was told no. I had booked on line and could not change rooms. I told her that I would be forced to leave the hotel because I could not stay in that room due to my allergies. I found another hotel close by (Holiday Inn Express in Vernon - it is great) and went back to the Comfort Inn to check out. I asked if they have always had this "take it or leave it policy." They had a very dissatisifed customer and refused to help or refund the money. I let her know I was forced to leave because of health reasons. At that point she offered to change rooms. I told her I had already booked another hotel. She should have offered this to me initially! I was shocked by the lack of concern for the customer and lack of flexibility. It seems that they gave the internet customers the worse possible room and would not change rooms when there was plenty of availability. Unbelievable.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't go to Comfort Inn in Vernon. Check out Holiday Inn Express in Vernon.
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cairns99
Westboro, MA
Reviewed 6 February 2006

My husband and I stayed the weekend here and were pleased. Newish construction, convenient (right next door to 3 restaurants, including Rein's deli - yum), and good value for the money. Nothing real fancy, but clean, safe, quiet, and the king bed was very comfortable. The TV gets a ton of channels. We were here for an annual trade show at the CT Expo Center, and already plan to stay here next year!

• Stayed February 2005, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 August 2005

We stayed here for four nights while we visited friends in Storrs. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. My favorite part was the delicious cookies and coffee available in the evenings when we came back each evening/night.

The hotel is right off the interstate and close to gas stations and a small strip mall.

Internet access was available in the lobby too. The free breakfast was filling and varied. My son was disappointed that it had no pool, but the staff said we could have access to the Quality Inn pool located within driving distance.

My daughter did spill some things on the floor and the sweeper wasn't run daily, so the spills of crackers remained.

It is located near a wonderful New York style deli called Reins which we highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon
Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester - Hartford CT
Americas Best Value Inn - Manchester
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester
Residence Inn Hartford Manchester
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford-Manchester
Courtyard Hartford Manchester

Been to Red Roof Inn Hartford - Vernon? Share your experiences!