“excellent value”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Vernon
kenvalley,n.b.
“excellent value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2009

clean & well maintained property with good mattress, sofa chair & ottoman, desk & excellent chair, dresser and enclosed closet, micro, fridge, friendly desk staff. V.g. continental bkst with cereals, danish, bread, bagels, yogurts, juices, coffee, fresh fruit. This is true value!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Halifax, Nova Scotia CANADA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2009

We drove from Halifax, Nova Scotia to South Carolina and the Quality Inn Vernon was our first pit stop. After 12 hours of driving, I was happy with the quick and easy check in. The hotel is located off the highway and the room was clean for an over night stay. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2008

The "new" Quality Inn is an excellent choice for the I-84 traveler. I just stayed 4 nights at the property and was so pleased with the complete renovation of the property. New contemporary furniture, new carpets, new wall coverings, an inviting lobby make for a property that even the pickiest person would find it difficult to complain about anything. The staff is professional and the breakfast in the morning is a welcome treat.
I highly recommend this property.

• Liked — Cleanliness, totally updated.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled solo
2 Thank BillsMaryland
Long Island
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2008

The place is TERRIBLY HOT...they're not saving energy, they're saving $$$$
We had a reservation so you think they could have at least turned on the AC but, instead, the room was close to 100 degrees upon entering...and then the heat pump didn't work. We changed rooms (also HOT) and the AC took 6 hours to cool off room running at full tilt.......the cable was yanked out of the back of the Tv (i rigged it back together), light bulbs were missing, switch in bathroom was installed UPSIDE DOWN! (how does that happen), refrigerator was unplugged so it was HOT!!, parking lot is a cracked and weedy mess.....drain in tub was broken. Crystal (?) at desk was VERY VERY NICE.....the highpoint. Room key deactivated after 1 day of a 2 day stay....halls were HOT...saving the planet, I guess. This place is just plain TERRIBLE..with a capital "T" and that rhymes with "P" and that stands for p*ss on Quality Inn in Vernon, CT!

• Liked — Crystal at desk
  • Disliked — everything else....mostly the poor maintenance
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
Hummelstown, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2008

We have stayed here previous years and it's okay, but then you get what you pay for. We were traveling with my sister and her husband who is a smoker, he was right at home in a smoking room. Being an ex-smoker of over 20+ years I have to tell you the stench in our room was overwhelming. I'm getting ready to book our next stay in Vernon and sure hope we don't get this place again.

It's a nice place but it has some issues as far as the physical plant goes. Maybe that's why the renovations last year.

• Disliked — The smell of smoke from smokers.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
maryland outside dc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2008

My husband and I stayed here while driving a 16ft rental truck from Maryland to Maine. The hotel was easy to reach off the interstate. First impression was that the hotel was okay - a bit non-descript but clean and pleasant. We were able to get a great rate using the tourist center coupon book.

I was particularly impressed by how friendly all the staff seemed. Both the person that checked us in and the woman who staffed the breakfast room were very personable.

That was even more important to me when we finally got to our destination and I was alarmed to realize I had left the power adapter to my laptop in the hotel room! Already stressed by serious work deadlines - I really appreciated the staff again since they clearly made a real effort and made sure that the part got to me on a rush basis!

• Liked — convenience and helpful staff
  • Disliked — decor just okay - not charming at all
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
ny
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2007

I hated my stay here and I wish I had gone to some other place.
the staff is very rude if you ask for any service... my advice stay away from the place choose other hotels in the area

Stayed December 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon
Red Roof Inn Hartford - Vernon
Residence Inn Hartford Manchester
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester
Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester - Hartford CT
Courtyard Hartford Manchester
Americas Best Value Inn - Manchester

Been to Motel 6 Hartford / Vernon? Share your experiences!