“So glad we have Thai food in town”
Review of Simply Thai

Simply Thai
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Vernon
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Vernon, Connecticut
“So glad we have Thai food in town”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Went with my husband on a Saturday night. Figured I would just get Pad Thai. Saw the Duck on the menu and realized I had to try it. It was delicious. My husband got the same thing. He is generally not a fan of any Asian food except the Americanized "Chinese food" we get locally. He loved it too. Service was good, atmosphere was a little cafeteria like, but really, who cares? They didn't serve alcohol when we went, and we didn't know to bring our own. No matter. I wanted the good food anyway. If you are in Vernon, or travelling by on I-84, stop in. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited March 2014

Hartford, Connecticut
“very good thai”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Where I live, we have many thai places, so I am a little picky. While Simply Thai is very good, I would not travel over twenty miles when I can get the same thing closer to home. The portions seemed a little smaller than some places. The service was fine. If you live in this area, I would definetly recommend eating here.

• Visited April 2014
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
“Good Thai but Slow Service”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

If you're in Vernon and are looking for good Thai food I do recommend visiting Simply Thai, but be prepared to wait for your food. My husband and I went there for dinner and loved our dishes, but the service was really slow.

When we arrived we were promptly greeted and were told we would be seated, but it took between five and ten minutes before we were. Once we were seated it took them another 15 minutes to take are order. While my husband and I were waiting I noticed a few other tables in my predicament. I was glad that I wasn't in a rush and didn't need to be somewhere else after dinner.

There were a good amount of tables and I could see the floor staff was struggling to get orders in and out, however, the waiters didn't address their service problem and I wish they would have. I really enjoyed my meal as did my husband and believe it's worth a try, but don't be surprised if the service isn't stellar.

am

• Visited February 2014
Hartford
“Finally, great Thai food close to home!”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Last night we made our third visit to 'Simply Thai' since they opened recently in the old location of the 'Lotus' restaurant. I've had their Pad Thai, their Larb Beef, and 2 different duck dishes, with the Honey Duck dish being particularly good..... nice and crispy. The service is great and the food arrives quickly, even when crowded.

Currently you can bring your own wine or beer (making the experience more thrifty)
One of the reasons we stopped going to the Lotus was their tendency to have the lights on too brightly. On our first visit to Simply Thai (during a snowfall), our party of six were the only patrons. We asked them to turn the lights down, they complied, and the ambiance improved tremendously......... and our food was great! In the two times we have been since, the lighting is still too bright. I hope the hosts learn the importance of atmosphere to the dining experience. Otherwise, we will be forced to start ordering takeout more often, and do our dining at Utsav, which has great lighting & atmosphere & food!

• Visited February 2014